Photo Review: Celebrity Silhouette 2/7/16 Western Caribbean

HeatherC430

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

A glimpse of DH with his map! lol - We didn't realize how easy it was going to be to maneuver.

You really don't need a map, although it does give you a good frame of reference to ensure you don't miss anything.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I have to say...I was one of those considering the $100/person Dragon's Breath flight-line pre-cruise, but we decided it probably wouldn't be worth that much for only a few minutes and one run down the zip-line. All of the pictures I've seen online (from the above vantage point up top) and youtube videos looked wild (and really high). In person from the ground, it wasn't as high or substantial as I would have gather just based on the pictures alone.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

There were signs like this all over showing you where you currently were and the approximate walking distance to other points of reference. Only guests in suites (maybe other specialty rooms like Aqua or Concierge?) were allowed in this area. You had to have the right ship card to gain access. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong as I didn't do any research or even know about this area prior to arriving in port that day. It was clear by the gates and guard checking ship cards that not just "anyone" could enjoy the area. That much was clear. This was as close as I could get. The wall around it was a nice touch as well. ;)

Don't get me wrong...I love my Celebrity cruises, but it continues to seem more evident the variance between classes onboard (restaurants you can't eat at, events you can't attend - which we saw several times, and now a beach area you can't frolic at!) What's next? And while we could afford to pay more for Aqua, Concierge, or Suites, I refuse to overpay for something where the intended perks do not mean that much to us. Afterall, I have no interest in shoeshine service, pillow menu, extra toiletries, the list goes on. And guess what - I tipped my room steward and he brought us 2 extra pillows upon request (in a regular ocean-view room!)

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Your pictures are great. I think RCCL has ruined Labadee.

When we went there the first time years ago, there was a buffet area, a tram, a tiny marketplace with locals, and that was IT. No signage, no paved paths, just a bunch of quiet, undeveloped beaches. We tendered in and it was heavenly.

Fast forward to our 2013 cruise and YIKES: Disneyland Haiti. Signs everywhere, hillside covered with those cabanas, nicest beaches walled off for suite guests, aqua park, little harbor filled with ocean toys and jet skis, etc...guess they had to find a way to monetize the crap out of Labadee. I'm not in a hurry to return there at all.

Just returned from our Silhouette cruise on Sunday & the first chance I got back on CC I looked up your review!

I have never been a fan of private islands...and if I hadn't done my research, I would have been less impressed with Labadee. We knew we wanted a quiet cove & Columbus Cove was AMAZING. Calm, beautiful, not too busy. Honestly the most beautiful beach I have seen anywhere in the Caribbean (would be MORE beautiful if less busy...)

That being said, the buffet on Labadee was an embarrassment--Disney's is AMAZING & Princess knocks it out pretty good, too. This was an after thought. Very few choices, quality mediocre at best. Meh. I understand the logistics of multiple buffets, but they need to improve the experience--not just feed people for the sake of feeding them.

Looking forward to more!!