Escape - Specialty Dining Package Questions

kbalthaser66

I am set to sail on the Escape on March 5th. This is my first time sailing on NCL. I tried to make reservations last night and there was nothing available. In fact on the reservation area it does not even list Cagney's or the Italian place. The only Specialty restaurant that is listed is Teppi....... (sp) and there is only the option for 1 or 8 people. What am I doing wrong. I desperately want to make reservations. Since it appears that there is no longer the option to reserve any Specialty Dining prior to boarding is it possible for me to make reservations immediately once I am onboard? If not, I picked a "freestyle option" that is not even available.

Also, do I need to make reservations for each evening for a private table for 2 at the Manhattan dining room, Serve or Table?

I am sorry for these questions I am just SO CONFUSED on what I need to do as I have never sailed on NCL and the entire FREESTYLE options I am just not familiar with.

Less than half of available reservations are available for pre-booking. Book when you get on the ship.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I was getting a little worried that I booked to late. I am so excited. I appreciate your letting me know this.

Do you have any tips for the first time NCL cruiser? I have sailed many times (approx. 15) but never on NCL. I think I will really like the Freestyle options that this cruise give us.

I am set to sail on the Escape on March 5th. This is my first time sailing on NCL. I tried to make reservations last night and there was nothing available. In fact on the reservation area it does not even list Cagney's or the Italian place. The only Specialty restaurant that is listed is Teppi....... (sp) and there is only the option for 1 or 8 people. What am I doing wrong. I desperately want to make reservations. Since it appears that there is no longer the option to reserve any Specialty Dining prior to boarding is it possible for me to make reservations immediately once I am onboard? If not, I picked a "freestyle option" that is not even available.

Also, do I need to make reservations for each evening for a private table for 2 at the Manhattan dining room, Serve or Table?

I am sorry for these questions I am just SO CONFUSED on what I need to do as I have never sailed on NCL and the entire FREESTYLE options I am just not familiar with.

If you're truly worried about getting particular times on particular days, then the thing to do is to go straight to the dinner reservations desk when you first board.

(As an aside, I think NCL has done their customers a disservice with the way they've changed dining around and implemented the SDP. The whole relaxed "Freestyle" emphasis seems to have been replaced with a lot of worried people trying desperately to make dinner reservations. But I digress...)

Edited by VideoTech

We sailed the Getaway last February, and it was great, never one meal in the main dining room! But I understand the policy has changed and there is a meal # limit of 4 per guest? We're sailing March 19, and willl need to confirm with NCL.

Once you board you will find many interactive boards, usually close to the elevators and stairs. You can set up your dining there. For the comedy shows they cannot be pre booked just have to stand in line about 30 minutes before show starts. Some of the entertainment has changed from fee to free, so you can book entertainment once on board. I found it helpful to set up a spreadsheet to show what was going on what days, that way we didn't overlap. You could start one at home and then just have it handy when you board so you can start planning. Enjoy, we will be on the Escape the. End of April

For the comedy shows they cannot be pre booked just have to stand in line about 30 minutes before show starts.

They can't be prebooked, but they can certainly be booked once on board. There is a standby line for those without reservations, but by all means make reservations if you can once on board.

I concierge didn't work well for us until a few hours after boarding. We went straight to Headliners, as that is where they had bookings for dining, Vibe Beach Club, etc.

You are absolutely correct. When you board, go directly to Headliners, deck 6 midship. They have terminals set up to take your dinner reservations, VIBE passes, as well as parental consent forms for those 18 years olds who's parents may allow them to have an alcoholic drink or two.

Don't worry! There are plenty of reservations available then.

Edited by CruisinHarvey

You don't need to make reservations for the MDR, Taste or Savor. On Escape in January I tried one time as we were leaving Savor to make reservations for the following evening. We were a party of two and I wanted a 7:15 reservation. She said that time was for walk-ups and she couldn't take a reservation but that a party of two wouldn't have to wait more than 5 minutes if at all then.

You are absolutely correct. When you board, go directly to Headliners, deck 6 midship. They have terminals set up to take your dinner reservations, VIBE passes, as well as parental consent forms for those 18 years olds who's parents may allow them to have an alcoholic drink or two.

Don't worry! There are plenty of reservations available then.

Don't let my 19 year old read this, lol. [emoji50]