Anthem Cabin 9110 or 9510 question

Herby

I was in Anthem cabin 8504 on the 3/7 cruise, similar to Sparklynails but on the other side of the ship, and I don't have much to add to what has been already said (even down to wanting another armchair!) Our dinner mates (who were self confessed "Balcony Snobs") liked the room as well (we did our own mini cabin crawl).

Some of those rooms have a pillar but 8504 isn't one of them.

I was concerned with the motion as the bed in that room is at right angles to the direction of the ship, but that was no problem. If you are more sensitive to rolling (side to side motion) than pitching (up and down) it could be a problem.

My only problem with the room was the when the bow thrusters are fired off, you definitely hear them. Most times this isn't a problem, but our arrivals in Labadee and Grand Cayman generated 7:00AM "wake up calls".

The other point worth mentioning is that the majority of restaurants are in the rear of the ship, so it is a long walk to dinner.

Pony Player, this isn't the type cabin we are talking about. 8504 is at the front of the ship (Cat G ) but we are referring to the 2 corner front cabins (Cat F) that are 302 sq ft.

Pony Player, this isn't the type cabin we are talking about. 8504 is at the front of the ship (Cat G ) but we are referring to the 2 corner front cabins (Cat F) that are 302 sq ft.

Oops. . . My bad, however some of the comments I made rrgarding 8504 are still valid for 8510, I'll bet they get the "bow thruster wake up call" as well.

Oops. . . My bad, however some of the comments I made rrgarding 8504 are still valid for 8510, I'll bet they get the "bow thruster wake up call" as well.

I agree! Thanks for the heads up!

Great thread! Thanks for sharing photos. This is very helpful. Do you know whether the large ocean view actually connects to the superior oceanview? It wouldn't be a problem for us. We are traveling as a family of 5... 3 adults and 2 children... so connecting rooms work nicely. The deck plan indicates that they connect.

Edited by PGPrendy

Here are 2 pictures, on some floors there is a pole in the middle of the

cabin if there is no pole the head of the bed is on the left side. A nice

cabin with a lot of space. You will feel the motion of the ocean more than

other cabins

I wonder which ones have the poles and which do not? Anyone know about 9510 on Anthem?

• 2 weeks later...
We are in 8510 on 27/3 cruise will post pictures. Bit nervous about the 'motion' as appears to be a lot of comments about the movement on the anthem recently :)

Just curious how you liked your cabin (8510)?

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know how the bedding is done when you have 4 in the cabin? We have 9110 booked for October. Wasn't sure if they bring in a rollaway for the 4th person or how the room works?

That stateroom has a sofabed, which is for two people.

That stateroom has a sofabed, which is for two people.

Yuck, not what I was hoping. The other two people are my son and his grandmother. Not sure they will want to share a sofabed. I hope it is comfortable as that might have to be mine and my husbands bed, and then splitting the king into two twins for my mom and son. Guess we will have to see when we get onboard.

• 4 months later...
Yuck, not what I was hoping. The other two people are my son and his grandmother. Not sure they will want to share a sofabed. I hope it is comfortable as that might have to be mine and my husbands bed, and then splitting the king into two twins for my mom and son. Guess we will have to see when we get onboard.

What did you find out about the sofa bed? I wag thinking if booking this room for my husband and two early 20's children. The sofa bed looks huge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

• 9 months later...

Can anyone verify if the corner cabins such as 8110 connect to the cabin next to it as indicated by the deck plan or if the two doors to both cabins are just next to eachother. The royal person has conflicting answers. Thank you

Can anyone verify if the corner cabins such as 8110 connect to the cabin next to it as indicated by the deck plan or if the two doors to both cabins are just next to eachother. The royal person has conflicting answers. Thank you

We were in cabins 9510 and 9508 last year. Cabin 9510 is a very large 302 sq.ft. cabin. There is a door from the main corridor that connects to a small corridor to enter cabin 9510 or 9508. They are not really connecting cabins, but if you lock the door from the main corridor, you can leave your 2 doors open and have easy access to both. We kept the 2 doors open with privacy from the main so our grandchildren could run in and out of both cabins. Hope this helps you.

Perfect! Thank you so much. I was hoping the outer door locked so we could keep the other doors open. Do you have to request the doors to be locked by the steward or are you able to just lock and unlock it yourself? Thanks for taking the time to reply.

quote=Dorh;53622730]We were in cabins 9510 and 9508 last year. Cabin 9510 is a very large 302 sq.ft. cabin. There is a door from the main corridor that connects to a small corridor to enter cabin 9510 or 9508. They are not really connecting cabins, but if you lock the door from the main corridor, you can leave your 2 doors open and have easy access to both. We kept the 2 doors open with privacy from the main so our grandchildren could run in and out of both cabins. Hope this helps you.

Perfect! Thank you so much. I was hoping the outer door locked so we could keep the other doors open. Do you have to request the doors to be locked by the steward or are you able to just lock and unlock it yourself? Thanks for taking the time to reply.

quote=Dorh;53622730]We were in cabins 9510 and 9508 last year. Cabin 9510 is a very large 302 sq.ft. cabin. There is a door from the main corridor that connects to a small corridor to enter cabin 9510 or 9508. They are not really connecting cabins, but if you lock the door from the main corridor, you can leave your 2 doors open and have easy access to both. We kept the 2 doors open with privacy from the main so our grandchildren could run in and out of both cabins. Hope this helps you.

Does the outside door that leads to both rooms have a regular lock like the cabin doors and both keys from each cabin work to unlock it?

From what I recall, each door has their own lock. Just put the "do not disturb" sign on any of the doors that you want privacy.

Does the outside door that leads to both rooms have a regular lock like the cabin doors and both keys from each cabin work to unlock it?

From what I recall, each door has their own lock. Just put the "do not disturb" sign on any of the doors that you want privacy.

Yes regular lock on outside door. Ask guest service to "key alike" if you want access to both cabins. I think we were able to do that, or we just locked the outside door and left the inner doors unlocked so the family had access to both.

• 5 months later...

Thank you, we are in this room on the 2/25 sailing.....!

So, we booked 8110 for our 12 night cruise on Anthem on 21st February. Slightly concerned before we boarded about it being so close to the front, and whether it might have been a mistake.

The stateroom was the best bit of the ship for us! Absolutely huge, I can honestly say that unless we win the lottery to afford a suite, we will probably never stay in a stateroom that size again.

You do feel a bit of motion with the waves, we don't mind that though - and on Anthem compared to previous RCCL ships, we felt you could feel movement more no matter where you were anyway.

The sofabed pulled out into a decent kingsize - it was only our 3 year old sleeping on it, but it was really comfy. Even with the sofabed out, there was plenty of space to move between the end of the bed and the desk/drawers.

The area in front of the porthole, we did wonder before we went whether the slope of the ship meant you wouldn't really benefit from it, but it was a great bit of extra space for the little person to play in. Only improvement would have been having two armchairs to sit in that area.

Plenty of storage - as well as the two wardrobes and the chest of drawers, there are cabinets above the beds where you could fit loads in - we didn't fill all the space. Suitcases were easily stowed away under the bed.

Bathroom just the same as any other cabin, relatively compact but it had everything you need.

I've attached a couple of photos - sorry there aren't more (and excuse us being in them!), on the last day I was going to take some as we struggled to find out anything before we boarded, and my husband said 'don't bother, I took some the first day' - should have checked! Hopefully they will give you some idea of how much space you get.

In summary, while I don't foresee us going on Anthem again (just not the ship for us), I would DEFINITELY book one of those staterooms if it was available.