Diving Question

yvonneh

On this 10 day itinerary, what are the best places to dive vs snorkel? Trying to plan and want to make the right choices. :confused:

Wed Jun 1 Papeete, Tahiti, Society Islands

Thu Jun 2 Huahine, Society Islands

Fri Jun 3 Bora Bora, Society Islands

Sat Jun 4 Bora Bora, Society Islands

Sun Jun 5 Rangiroa, Society Islands

Mon Jun 6 Fakarava, Tuamotu Islands

Tue Jun 7 At Sea

Wed Jun 8 Taha'a (Motu Mahana), Society Islands

Thu Jun 9 Moorea, Society Islands

Fri Jun 10 Moorea, Society Islands

Fri Jun 10 Papeete, Tahiti, Society Islands

Sat Jun 11 Papeete, Tahiti, Society Islands

Rangiroa has world class diving but is commonly a pretty fast drift dive. Usually not recommended for beginners. Fakarava also is supposed to be excellent. I did a number of dives in Rangiroa from the PG and also land based.

Those would be my top two and then Moorea, which was beautiful. If you are not used to seeing lots of coral, colorful fish, etc. then any of the sites are great. I found Bora Bora to be better for the snorkeling. Consider an excursion Pure Snorkeling by Reef Discovery on Bora Bora. They were great (have gone with them 4 times).

Never dove at Huahine but the snorkeling was good.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

We dove in Tahiti, Moorea, and bora bora.

We snorkeled in huahine and bora bora as well.

My overall favorite was actually Tahiti. We went to this huge coral wall full of sea creatures. It also was my first official certified dive ever, so I may be biased. :).

Hello!

We dove in Tahiti, Moorea, and bora bora.

We snorkeled in huahine and bora bora as well.

My overall favorite was actually Tahiti. We went to this huge coral wall full of sea creatures. It also was my first official certified dive ever, so I may be biased. :).

Hey Ali and Mikey! How are you guys? :)

Thank you for the responses! I just don't want to book snorkeling excursions where the diving is better. :)

So far I am planning on snorkeling in Huahine, and Bora Bora. Trying to figure out what tour is best in BB too. Reef Discovery, Moana, Lagoon Service. They all look good. Anyone have a preference?

If you have advanced dive training I would recommend you not miss Rangiroa and Fakarava. Those are definitely the best ports for diving in my opinion on your itinerary. We also enjoyed Moorea while Bora Bora was so-so. We only snorkeled on Huahini.

Hey Ali and Mikey! How are you guys? :)

Hi Kaye!

We're great! Just making plans for a 10 year anniversary cruise on the PG. Why do we have to wait so many more years?!?

Hope everything is great with you guys too!

Hi Kaye!

We're great! Just making plans for a 10 year anniversary cruise on the PG. Why do we have to wait so many more years?!?

Hope everything is great with you guys too!

That's good to hear! We're doing fine thanks!

Well we did the 10th anniversary cruise last year as you know and we had planned to go to South America this year but ended up booking the PG again! It's my 50th birthday this year so that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it lol! I reckon you should push for the 5 year anniversary PG cruise in the meanwhile...;)