When do cruises become "Go Better" from "Go Big"?

bookitdanno

I've been looking at cruises for Fall 2017 to Spring 2018 in the Caribbean, and they are almost exclusively offering only one perk for OV/Balcony rooms. Is there a point where Celebrity offers 2 perks (Go Better), or is this as good as it is going to get? If there is a magic formula, do you mind sharing? :rolleyes:

Thanks

There is no way to know for sure. It seems that very far out, they offer fewer perks to see how many bookings they can get from people who are more worried about securing a specific cabin or itinerary. As the date is closer, if bookings are low they may add perks rather than price reduce as they used to. But you need a crystal ball to know for sure.

Guess your crystal ball is a bit cloudy too. Celebrity runs some 15 different specials a month! Also remember promotions are different in the USA, Canada, UK, and Australia/NZ. Really simple is if demand is high then fewer promotions and or higher cabin cost. If lower demand more promotions.

My only bet is Caribbean cruises will have deals if Zika gets worse.

I've been looking at cruises for Fall 2017 to Spring 2018 in the Caribbean, and they are almost exclusively offering only one perk for OV/Balcony rooms. Is there a point where Celebrity offers 2 perks (Go Better), or is this as good as it is going to get? If there is a magic formula, do you mind sharing? :rolleyes:

Thanks

I'm not sure if you have a cruise coming up at all or any family or friends of yours do but if you or someone else books a room for you while onboard another cruise you get 2 perks AND On board credit in relation to the length of the cruise. I'm pretty sure someone else could book a room for you when onboard but ask that anyone reading chime in to confirm.

I just booked one for 2017 and one for 2018, while onboard and got 2 perks on both and $150 OBC for the 9 night and $200 OBC for the 11 night.

Just thought I'd mention it just in case.

I have a feeling they will increase the perks as those cruises get closer. However, I also fully expect the price will go up as well. I booked a June 2017 cruise and it was outside the window and I could only chose 1 perk. However, it will be a very easy comparison because when/if they offer more perks I can see how much the price of the cruise went up. If it is worth it you can always call and get the new perks I would think or even cancel and rebook if you had to. For me the most important thing was cabin location so we booked super early.