Need help with FLL lodging

missingtn

If you stay at the Hampton Inn, Sawgrass Mills (a mega-sized shopping mall http://www.simon.com/mall/sawgrass-mills) is nearby. If you stay in Fort Lauderdale you have the water taxi (http://www.watertaxi.com), sun trolley (http://www.suntrolley.com) and many more attractions (http://www.sunny.org) close by.

Personally with that much time on my hands I would want to stay in Fort Lauderdale, not in the suburbs unless I was a shopper.

I'm confused. The Hampton Inn in FLL is about 3.4 miles away from the closest water taxi stop. Are you meaning specifically the beach front hotels are what you would recommend? A large portion of the "cruise" hotels in FLL seem to be over 2 miles to Port Everglades. We won't have a car, so I'm not sure if there is a benefit to FLL if we can't get right on the water. Most of the hotels closer to the water no longer have points rooms available for next February.

We will be staying the night after our cruise then flying out the next morning. Any help is appreciated.

I'm confused. The Hampton Inn in FLL is about 3.4 miles away from the closest water taxi stop. Are you meaning specifically the beach front hotels are what you would recommend? A large portion of the "cruise" hotels in FLL seem to be over 2 miles to Port Everglades. We won't have a car, so I'm not sure if there is a benefit to FLL if we can't get right on the water. Most of the hotels closer to the water no longer have points rooms available for next February.

We will be staying the night after our cruise then flying out the next morning. Any help is appreciated.

I was replying to MommaMia2 and her question about the Hampton Inn Plantation (not Fort Lauderdale). Sorry for any confusion.

Arrive around lunch time day before cruise. As I mentioned TA recommended Hampton Inn Plantation. Someone suggested downtown instead. Thoughts?

Are you looking only at Hilton Family hotels? Your choices in Fort Lauderdale include the Gallery One Doubletree, the Bahia Mar Doubletree, the Hilton Marina and the Embassy Suites. All of those (unlike the Hampton Inn) are on the Sun Trolley for daytime transportation (http://www.suntrolley.com) to the beach and Las Olas Blvd (http://www.lasolasboulevard.com). In addition the Gallery One and Hilton Marina have their own water taxi stops for transportation and sightseeing (http://www.watertaxi.com), while the Embassy Suites is about a mile to the Hilton stop (walkable with no mobility problems or via the Sun Trolley). There is also a Hampton Inn Downtown that is less than a mile to Las Olas Blvd and a water taxi stop. That's no problem walking (I don't think it is on the Sun Trolley route) during the day but I would probably take a cab/uber at night.

Edited by capriccio

I was replying to MommaMia2 and her question about the Hampton Inn Plantation (not Fort Lauderdale). Sorry for any confusion.

Are you looking only at Hilton Family hotels? Your choices in Fort Lauderdale include the Gallery One Doubletree, the Bahia Mar Doubletree, the Hilton Marina and the Embassy Suites. All of those (unlike the Hampton Inn) are on the Sun Trolley for daytime transportation (http://www.suntrolley.com) to the beach and Las Olas Blvd (http://www.lasolasboulevard.com). In addition the Gallery One and Hilton Marina have their own water taxi stops for transportation and sightseeing (http://www.watertaxi.com), while the Embassy Suites is about a mile to the Hilton stop (walkable with no mobility problems or via the Sun Trolley). There is also a Hampton Inn Downtown that is less than a mile to Las Olas Blvd and a water taxi stop. That's no problem walking (I don't think it is on the Sun Trolley route) during the day but I would probably take a cab/uber at night.

Thank you for the clarification and the extra info. I am looking for Hilton, Marriott, OR IHG (holiday inn family) hotels. I should have enough points with any of them to stay for free, IF they still have free nights available. A lot of them are already showing "No Points Nights Available" even though we are almost a year away.

Am I still missing something? (Sorry - I have a sinus infection and the drugs seem to be affecting my brain today). The Hampton Inn where I stayed on a business trip (and I wasn't really thrilled with it) is at 2301 SW 12th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315 and Google maps puts it at about 3 miles walking distance to where the water taxi map shows the Las Olas Blvd stop to be. Is there another Hampton?

I was looking seriously at the Springhill Suites, Dania Beach. Do you have any info or recommendations on that hotel or area?

Thanks for your patience and help.

Thank you for the clarification and the extra info. I am looking for Hilton, Marriott, OR IHG (holiday inn family) hotels. I should have enough points with any of them to stay for free, IF they still have free nights available. A lot of them are already showing "No Points Nights Available" even though we are almost a year away.

Am I still missing something? (Sorry - I have a sinus infection and the drugs seem to be affecting my brain today). The Hampton Inn where I stayed on a business trip (and I wasn't really thrilled with it) is at 2301 SW 12th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315 and Google maps puts it at about 3 miles walking distance to where the water taxi map shows the Las Olas Blvd stop to be. Is there another Hampton?

I was looking seriously at the Springhill Suites, Dania Beach. Do you have any info or recommendations on that hotel or area?

Alwalaska, I just stayed at the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach in January, as I had enough points for a free night. :) I would recommend it. It wasn't far from the airport at all, maybe a 10 minute drive? It was clean, the staff was nice, and they had a good free breakfast. There aren't any restaurants close by, but they do have a hotel shuttle that will take you and pick you up from nearby restaurants, we took advantage of that. The shuttle to the terminal was I think $10 per person and it was well organized. I would be happy to answer any other questions.

The Hampton Inn on SW 12th Ave is about 3 miles from water taxi stops on Las Olas Blvd and also from the stop at Hilton Marina. That would be a very inexpensive Uber ride.

There is a Hampton Inn 2 blocks from the Las Olas Riverfront water taxi stop, on N Andrews Ave.

Alwalaska, I just stayed at the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach in January, as I had enough points for a free night. :) I would recommend it. It wasn't far from the airport at all, maybe a 10 minute drive? It was clean, the staff was nice, and they had a good free breakfast. There aren't any restaurants close by, but they do have a hotel shuttle that will take you and pick you up from nearby restaurants, we took advantage of that. The shuttle to the terminal was I think $10 per person and it was well organized. I would be happy to answer any other questions.

The Hampton Inn on SW 12th Ave is about 3 miles from water taxi stops on Las Olas Blvd and also from the stop at Hilton Marina. That would be a very inexpensive Uber ride.

There is a Hampton Inn 2 blocks from the Las Olas Riverfront water taxi stop, on N Andrews Ave.

Thank you both. I currently have the Springhill reserved. The Hampton Inn up near Las Olas looks interesting, but I can't book Hilton properties until I have the points already banked, so it will depend on what is still available when I have the points.

Do either of you know how much a taxi will be from each location to the cruise port? It seems silly to deal with a shared shuttle at $10/person if a taxi is $20 or less.

Thanks again.

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for that, as we took the Springhill shuttle. Honestly I'm not sure I'd do that again, at least from the airport, as we waited a LONG time. A cab would have been quicker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for that, as we took the Springhill shuttle. Honestly I'm not sure I'd do that again, at least from the airport, as we waited a LONG time. A cab would have been quicker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

You never know with the Springhill - Dania - shuttle. Sometimes it is very quick, other times we have waited 20-30 minutes. Depends on where they are at in their route, as they only run one I think.