Smartcruisetours.com?

MickeyP

Trying to plan a daytime semi private tour to Rome/Vatican from Civitavecchia when we dock . Someone recommended Smartcruisetours.com and they seem reasonable but aren't listed with Trip Advisor. Comments or Suggestions?

I know there have been bad reviews about them. We used them for transportation only into Rome from Civitavecchia. They dropped us off near the Vatican and picked us up in the same location. On the ride to Rome they discovered there were only 4 of us going to Rome for the day (everyone else was going to the airport). They offered to refund all of our money if we were willing to take alternate public transportation for our return. We discussed it with the other couple and said no. None of us had done any research on that and weren't comfortable doing that. They agreed and their bus returned us to the port.

I didn't look at the links CruiserBruce provided, but there have been several pretty negative reviews here on their services.

I would be very wary of using them. Many people only have this single port day in Rome. Imagine if your tour provider doesn't show up or shows up late or doesn't provide to you what you agreed upon....