Flam no more

BarnhamDave

If you are fit it's worth walking to the cafe at the top of the hill in Alesund. We did it and the views over the town and surrounding countryside are spectacular. I think there is a tram service from near the dock for the less mobile. And the town and parks are pleasant just to wander around.

There's a noddy train that's takes you to the top and the views are stunning. I would recommend it as it takes you the long way round rather than straight up to the top and you see a lot of the town - parks architecture etc

My grumble when we were there is that the town was quiet - although we were there midweek shops and cafes etc all seemed to open quite late in the morning (I am an early morning person who likes to wander early)

That's great to know the railway is giving refunds. With so many ships in port it will be easy for them to re-sell I'm sure. I hope Anne Frank's house will do the same for me if Amsterdam is changed later in the year!