Emerald Princess - NZ?

Has anyone done the EP Sydney to NZ? I cant find any reviews.

I am also looking for prices on shore excursions, can't see a list (& not sure where I should be looking :o)!)

I don't think Emerald has been to this region before so there will be no reviews of NZ itineraries on her. Reviews of similar Diamond and Golden itineraries will give you an idea of the NZ content and reviews of Emerald elsewhere in the world will give you an idea of the ship.

To find excursion prices go to the Princess website and select Ports and Excursions under Ships and experience, then select Australia & New Zealand and the Port of Call. That will show the excursions that are usually available for that port, with prices.

OK thanks!

I am actually trying to find out what a BD cabin with a rollaway & queen & upper (to sleep 4) would be configured as.

From what I can see, the rollaway goes in front of the balcony doors .. is there any room between the queen bed & the rollaway> Where is the upper?

Maybe I need to look at just an oceanview to ensure we get the queen?

Has anyone done the EP Sydney to NZ? I cant find any reviews.

I am also looking for prices on shore excursions, can't see a list (& not sure where I should be looking :o)!)

Nope Emerald's first season here at the end of this year.

OK thanks!

I am actually trying to find out what a BD cabin with a rollaway & queen & upper (to sleep 4) would be configured as.

From what I can see, the rollaway goes in front of the balcony doors .. is there any room between the queen bed & the rollaway> Where is the upper?

I hope the rollaway is for a small child, they are notoriously uncomfortable for adults and larger children.:(

Looked at the Rotorua tour ($270 pp!) - are there any recommendations for NZ based tours at < ship prices?

Look in the Ports of Call section, also check some of the current roll calls for NZ itineraries, not just Princess cruises. Lots of people mention tours on those and often post contact details for the various companies.

I've seen this one mentioned a few times https://www.shoretripsandtours.com/ and it seems to have a goor reputation.

OK thanks!

In most cabins the beds are configurable to queen or twin.

I'd suggest asking about the room configuration on the Princess forum.

That one's not much use, Mic. Princess uses very generic pics of staterooms, not always exactly what you'd get for a specific cabin on a specific ship. And they never show anything different other than standard queen configuration.

True but there is the standard room and you can see where the rollaway would go.:D

I'd suggest asking about the room configuration on the Princess forum.

Thanks, I will do that as well.

And thanks to the other posters, some great suggestions too about looking at more general NZ forums :)

Looked at the Rotorua tour ($270 pp!) - are there any recommendations for NZ based tours at < ship prices?

Some people (travelling in a group of 4) I have spoken to on a NZ cruise rented a car for the day and found it cheaper than the ships tour.

I remember that about 4 years ago there were a lot of people who had organized private tours in mini vans. The vans were lined up outside the port gates at Tauranga.

Just remember if you are on a ships tour and the tour gets back late to the ship it is their (the ships) worry to get you back on the ship.