UV Protection Hat

tulman

Please forgive if this has been discussed before. I am looking for a man's packable hat for sun protection. Currently, I have a canvas hat that works well, but it is hot, since it is canvas. What I would like to find is a light weight, possibly straw (although straw is not totally UV safe), similar to a cowboy style, that I can throw in my luggage. Any and all suggestions are helpful! Thank you in advance.:)

Tim

The Tilley hat is great, pretty pricey. Walleroo has some awesome SPF50 straw cowboy hats that are packable (about $70). Columbia has packable SPF hats that are very reasonable (about $30)

I have given up finding truly crushable, packable hats. I have now started to just pack my large sun hats and DH's Tilley-style hat in my suitcase. I stack them (3) together, turn them upside down, and pack soft things around them. I pack them with my stuff, since I have soft underwear, pajamas, etc. I also have found my bras, when folded in half and stacked (3), just fit in the crown of the hats perfectly.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I've never had a problem with my Walleroo crushing & not coming back to shape. My DH just bought one also. Here's a picture of mineImageUploadedByForums1457447320.557110.jpg.e52d17e5689cdd19885f52392a264d59.jpg

Edited by awhfy