For all the "Maasdamers" out there

Keith Rita

We have cruised on the Maasdam twice and would again in a heartbeat. We did the Boston-Montreal itinerary twice. Yes, it was so nice, we did it twice. The Maasdam is our favorite cruise ship thus far. She is pleasantly petite. Her crew was simply fantastic. We stayed in S26 in 2013 and S20 in 2011. I can't report on A/C issues as neither were warm weather cruises. We had zero issues with our cabins and the housekeeping staff goes above and beyond. Neptune was wonderful and so helpful.

The only issue we had on either cruise was caused by Mother Nature. The St. Lawrence River was so swollen from flooding, we had to stop our cruise in Quebec City in 2011. That in itself is not bad as it is a lovely port but the motor coach trip to Montreal was hellish. I didn't know Evel Knieval had come back from the dead just to drive motor coaches in Quebec. My stomach still hasn't forgiven me that bus ride. :eek:

Edited by fatcat04

We have cruised on the Maasdam twice and would again in a heartbeat. We did the Boston-Montreal itinerary twice. Yes, it was so nice, we did it twice. The Maasdam is our favorite cruise ship thus far. She is pleasantly petite. Her crew was simply fantastic. We stayed in S26 in 2013 and S20 in 2011. I can't report on A/C issues as neither were warm weather cruises. We had zero issues with our cabins and the housekeeping staff goes above and beyond. Neptune was wonderful and so helpful.

The only issue we had on either cruise was caused by Mother Nature. The St. Lawrence River was so swollen from flooding, we had to stop our cruise in Quebec City in 2011. That in itself is not bad as it is a lovely port but the motor coach trip to Montreal was hellish. I didn't know Evel Knieval had come back from the dead just to drive motor coaches in Quebec. My stomach still hasn't forgiven me that bus ride. :eek:

We couldn't go into Tracy Arm because it was blocked by ice cubes or perhaps it was icebergs. Yeah that was it. We have been to Tracy Arm many times and it is nice this time we got to go into Endicott arm which to the Dawes Glacier which we very much enjoyed.

• 2 weeks later...
We couldn't go into Tracy Arm because it was blocked by ice cubes or perhaps it was icebergs. Yeah that was it. We have been to Tracy Arm many times and it is nice this time we got to go into Endicott arm which to the Dawes Glacier which we very much enjoyed.

We are on the Maasdam now and couldn't go to Tracy Arm during to too much ice. We went to Dawes Glacier as well. It is beautiful and we saw lots of seals on the ice. That's something we have not seen before so it was a pleasant surprise.

We are on the Maasdam now and couldn't go to Tracy Arm during to too much ice. We went to Dawes Glacier as well. It is beautiful and we saw lots of seals on the ice. That's something we have not seen before so it was a pleasant surprise.

We quite liked Dawes Glacier.

Glad you're having fun.

Well, I broke down and booked the Maasdam for this year. Thanks for answering my previous questions. I hope I love this ship as much as you all do. It sounds like I won't be going to Tracy Arm.

Last year, on the Statendam, we got special permission to go to Glacier Bay instead of Icy Straight Point, but the ship started having mechanical issues and we didn't make it. Also, missed Anchorage. Hoping for no problems on this cruise.