What are the internet speeds on Adventure of the Seas

Hopefully someone who has been on more recently can give you a more up to date response. We were last on Adventure in Dec 2014 and internet was painfully slow. So much that after about 24 hours I requested and received a full refund for the weekly internet I had signed up for when boarding.

The ship was packed and I heard they were having trouble due to so many trying to use the internet. I would spend 30-60 minutes just trying to get logged in. Then when it did finally log in it would take 5 minutes to load a single page.

But that was basically one day on a specific cruise. I have been on other ships that don't yet have the high speed internet and it has been a better experience although still speeds similar to old dial up service.

I believe the wifi upgrade in 2014 on the Adventure was simply expanding the coverage within the ship. Not really boosting the speed of the internet.

The ships with the upgraded high speed internet are great. I have done video chats back home and it is a great way to keep in touch if needed.

Our last two cruises were on the Allure and after that ship had been updated with the new satellite internet with the faster speeds. I have a feeling I'll be let down with the speeds on the Adventure of the Seas.

Rest assured, other than Quantum class & Oasis class ships...the rest of the RCI fleet is still catching up to upgrading to the much-faster broadband Internet service you've experienced previously. I can only speculate that the costs are high do do these upgrades, which is why they are being rolled out over time.

We were on Adventure in February and had internet with two devices. We were happy with the internet performance. It's not as fast as the zoom internet on Oasis but it was good enough to check emails, upload some photos to Facebook, etc. We never had any access problems and were never booted off.

We were on Adventure in January 2016 and the internet speed was painfully slow, very much like dial-up. Also booted off a lot, even in the middle of the night while trying to remake travel plans due to the upcoming blizzard. I hope something will be done during next fall's drydock to improve the situation.

Rest assured, other than Quantum class & Oasis class ships...the rest of the RCI fleet is still catching up to upgrading to the much-faster broadband Internet service you've experienced previously. I can only speculate that the costs are high do do these upgrades, which is why they are being rolled out over time.

The costs probably relate to swapping out some equipment but they make money on the service. There's just no excuse for not upgrading it.

HI,

We were on Adventure last month. I have to be honest, I was pleasantly surprised. I had a free 24 hour window with my Diamond discount and decided to use it for the day at sea..I was able to check emails and browse some websites. I don't know if it makes a difference where on the ship you are at, but I was sitting in the Solarium by the windows. Is it as fast as what they have on Allure and newer ships, no.

• 2 months later...