Costa Club Membership Card

lilrod

Hi:

I would like to know if somebody as received information about the new Costa Club Membership Card. It is suppose to come some information at your home and the kind of card you are in for the points you have traveled with Costa. I have 6 cruises with Costa.

If somebody knows, just write in.

Lilrod

Puerto Rico

On the Costa website in August, it indicated there would be a link in October to sign up for the CostaClub. Completed sign-up form on the ship two years ago. I felt back in August that October would come and go.

Looking at the website today, the message indicates to check back in December 2005 for the link. Also, they still maintain the conflicting information of the link operational in October 2005.

Don't hold your breathe, this maybe an Italian or Costa thing or both. Make sure you let Costa know of your entitlements in spite of a non operational program.

Thank you for trying to help. Actually I don't know which card is for me. In others cruise lines, it depends on the cruises you do. In Costa it is by points. I've been on 6 Costa cruises and always I am invited to the Costa Club since 1987. Like it says, we will supposed to received by September the information in your home about the category you are belong. In their site it says October and it says December.

I keep looking at their page each moment to see what happens.

Lilrod

Puerto Rico

Thank you for trying to help. Actually I don't know which card is for me. In others cruise lines, it depends on the cruises you do. In Costa it is by points. I've been on 6 Costa cruises and always I am invited to the Costa Club since 1987. Like it says, we will supposed to received by September the information in your home about the category you are belong. In their site it says October and it says December.

I keep looking at their page each moment to see what happens.

Lilrod

Puerto Rico

Yes but when you board a Costa ship and get your Costa card, which one is it? Surely you don't have just the basic card if you've been on six Costa cruises? First-timers get the basic one - after that I think it is coral, pearl or diamond - something like that. We complained on our last cruise as we were given the basic cards in error, but they soon changed them for us.

Well golddencup I really don't know which card it will be mine. But I will try to call Costa this week to know about it. When I took my first Costa cruise it was on 1987 and they used to give the passengers a passport named with the Costa Club members and every time you got on a ship of Costa, you had to go to the Front Desk and have it signed by the Captains, the voyage and the date. I still have that passport.

My first 2 cruises, the late Carla Costa. No luxury, no extravagance, but a great experience, wonderful ship and great crew.

Lilrod

Puerto Rico

Unless it's changed, my understanding is that Costa Club is only for passengers with European addresses.

BobK/Orlando

Well that would certainly explain the confusion as I'm a Brit but it seems rather unfair. Costa Club members certainly get preference on board. Mind you we don't get the free kids' places that you Americans are always talking about so perhaps the booking system is totally different. When I took my 12 and 14 year old sons, I had to pay full price for them. And when I've booked, the flights and transfers are automatically included in the price so I've often wondered why people on here are investigating different ways of getting from the airport to the port - I've always been met at the airport by the Costa rep, whisked onto a coach and delivered to the ship.l

Hi everyone:

I see that I will have to wait till Costa arrange this thing about the Costa Card. They work different when they are in Europe and in US. All I can say is that of the 21 cruises I've been, the best upgrade I ever got it has been on Costa. I booked a cabin with verandah and 2 weeks before the cruise they gave me a Panorama Suite. It was on the western caribbean. And like goldencup said, at the airport you are received by a Costa representative and they make the rest so you can get to the pier.

Lilrod

Puerto Rico

Archived