Live from the Escape - 3/12/2016

CinAndTheCity

We didn't do a tour. We walked to the Speedy's ferry and it's $38 (cash) per person round-trip for the ferry and taxi-bus. Then it's $3 pp to get into the Baths.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

How long was the ferry ride?

Enjoying the live review.

Can you comment on how crowded the ship feels.

Have a great rest of the trip!!

That's obviously subjective, and we aren't too bothered by crowds. With that said, we've always gotten a seat at the Brewhouse (even when Beau was playing). Atrium trivia has been packed sometimes. Today we went to the buffet at 3 after all-aboard at 2:30, and there were a lot of people, but it wasn't a problem. We did the water slides on various afternoons (both sea and port days) and we always found chairs somewhere to put our stuff on. Those are some examples.

About how long was the wait for the Aqua Racer?

We didn't do it one day because the line seemed long. Yesterday (port day in St. Thomas) we got back to the ship in the middle of the day and rode it twice. We waited maybe 5-10 minutes each time.

That's obviously subjective, and we aren't too bothered by crowds. With that said, we've always gotten a seat at the Brewhouse (even when Beau was playing). Atrium trivia has been packed sometimes. Today we went to the buffet at 3 after all-aboard at 2:30, and there were a lot of people, but it wasn't a problem. We did the water slides on various afternoons (both sea and port days) and we always found chairs somewhere to put our stuff on. Those are some examples.

How about by the main pool, especially on a sea day? The area doesn't seem that big. Is it possible to get a lounge chair?

Do they take reservations for comedy shows tonight in main theatre? If you happen to attend tonight, was it easy for those wo reservations to get in? Hope you are having fun at the Baths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No reservations for this show. We walked in at about 10:40 for the late show. It's not full.

How late in the night are the live acts at DBH and 5 o'clock scheduled to play?

They've been scheduled until midnight at the Brewhouse and 12:30 or so at 5 o'clock bar. Some nights Beau has gone on later than scheduled.

Great review! We leave in two weeks and its so great to have these snapshots of life on board! I'm hoping you can answer some questions for me, since yours is the first cruise since the day light savings time change - have they announced that you should change the time on your watches etc? When you get to your first port day tomorrow, can you tell us what time it was in port vs what time on the ship? We have set up a few private excursions, and I need to verify with the providers what time we will be there, and with the time changes I wasn't sure. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!!

We changed our clocks (1 hour ahead for DST) on Sunday morning at 2 AM (or before going to bed on Saturday night). When we got to St. Thomas we were on the same time as they were since they don't do DST.

Great review! We leave in two weeks and its so great to have these snapshots of life on board! I'm hoping you can answer some questions for me, since yours is the first cruise since the day light savings time change - have they announced that you should change the time on your watches etc? When you get to your first port day tomorrow, can you tell us what time it was in port vs what time on the ship? We have set up a few private excursions, and I need to verify with the providers what time we will be there, and with the time changes I wasn't sure. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you for taking the time for the review! We booked the April 2nd sailing on a whim yesterday, so of course I'm trying to digest as much as possible about the ship before we go!

One question - last year we did a Carnival cruise with our kids, and they loved the evening movies out by the pool. I've read that the Escape shows evening movies in the Spice H2O area. If that's correct, what movies are they showing on your sailing? I'm curious if they are kid friendly or geared towards the adult crowd. Thanks and have a beer for me! :)

All of the evening movies at Spice have been PG-13 or less so far. They showed The Lego Movie, Skyfall, Ant Man, and Back to the Future.

Well they just announced that we will be skipping Nassau because there was an emergency early this morning (we heard a helicopter). We went off course towards Puerto Rico by about 110 nautical miles and the PR coast guard came in with the helicopter to evacuate the passenger. So tomorrow will be another sea day.

Well they just announced that we will be skipping Nassau because there was an emergency early this morning (we heard a helicopter). We went off course towards Puerto Rico by about 110 nautical miles and the PR coast guard came in with the helicopter to evacuate the passenger. So tomorrow will be another sea day.

Oh no! Hope everyone involved is ok.