Our stateroom was dirty

I am confused. If you folks checked into a filthy hotel room you are saying you would not be put off? You would not want to change to a clean room? What a bunch of crud- seriously you check into a "Whatever Inn" and the room is filthy. So you approach a housekeeping professional and kindly ask him or her to straighten up and clean up several months worth of crud- and they happily do it.

Sorry- not going to happen. If you all had seen the dirt and dust and cobwebs in our cabin maybe you would have more empathy for OP. I cleaned our suite myself- because I did not want to welcome in the filthy toilette rag from the last cabin to clean our countertops. We did have to be "high maintenance" and request new sheets- which my husband and I changef ourselves- because there were stains and sand in the bed.

Didn't want to have to share all that because I do love Carnival. But cut the OP some slack because filthy cabins do happen.

Again shame on you for not making the steward fix it to your satisfaction. You have no one to blame but yourself.

Again shame on you for not making the steward fix it to your satisfaction. You have no one to blame but yourself.

Hey Hon- if you think one minutes worth of mentioning a cabin that has a months worth of filth in it is going to cause a cleaning miracle then you are probably cruising with a weeks worth of steward spit in your toothbrush. Yummy.

Edited by cruiseonthebrain
M

Sorry you had room issues. You should have spoken up. Carnival can't fix what they don't know about.

We were on the Fantasy's last cruise out of Charleston for our first cruise ever. While she's an old vessel and is showing her age, we did not have any issues like you mentioned. Our room was cleaned twice a day and we saw our steward everyday.

But cut the OP some slack because filthy cabins do happen.

Yes, they do happen. No doubt about it. HOWEVER, complaining about the filthy cabin to a message board instead of those who could have actually done something about the situation is assisting the problem, not fixing it.

Yes, they do happen. No doubt about it. HOWEVER, complaining about the filthy cabin to a message board instead of those who could have actually done something about the situation is assisting the problem, not fixing it.

if you believe this then why make the disgusting comment about the steward spit ????

Upon perusing the last posts, questions and concerns are apparent and need addressed.

First and foremost, when leaving room, we always pick up our clothes and put toiletries and electronics in their place.

When on a cruise we like to have towels replaced, ice (am/pm) replenished, bed expertly straightened (which we do as if at home) and any other necessary tidying as in dusting, etc. For example, similar to what a hotel offers daily.

We have had exceptional stewards in the past, and many were visible throughout the day. All went above and beyond and received extra compensation. One time we never met the steward, but room was acceptable, but without ice.

On our cruise on the Dream in July, should we be prepared for an experience less than we received before?:confused::confused:

We went on the Carnival Breeze on 2/13/16 and at least on that ship, they are still cleaning cabins twice a day and doing the turn-down service (complete with towel animals). Towels were also replaced twice a day. We did not hear or read of any option for a once-a-day service option... I am wondering if that is only on older ships? Hmm....

As for the cabin, it was mostly clean, however when we first embarked there were some small glass shards on the bathroom floor. I discovered them that evening, and since it was so late, we just picked them up and checked the floor ourselves. I also wiped it down with wet kleenex, just to be sure. Our room sterwardess was very sweet and friendly (always knew our names). However there was dust on the drawer edges (where you open it with your hand) and there was a long hair in one of the drawers. We also had to go to great pains to get a door handle menu to hang on our door for in-room breakfast. We asked a different room steward in the hall, who told us to call room service, who told us to ask our room steward! We finally got a few of them from her.

It's not the best service, for sure, but we were glad to have our bed made each day and clean towels. Even most hotels try to get out of that nowadays.

Hey Hon- if you think one minutes worth of mentioning a cabin that has a months worth of filth in it is going to cause a cleaning miracle then you are probably cruising with a weeks worth of steward spit in your toothbrush. Yummy.

Hey, Sweetie... if my cabin had "a months worth of filth", I would have made sure God Almighty himself came done to clean it. Would that be miracle enough?

Poorly cleaned cabins do happen. Pick up the phone, call housekeeping and voila... a clean room! If not, repeat the process. There is no need to get irate or go ballistic.

I'm sure, with your attitude, you always hide your toothbrush when traveling. I know I would.

Edited by StolidCruiser

We did not hear or read of any option for a once-a-day service option... I am wondering if that is only on older ships?

Just off Inspiration, they're still servicing rooms twice a day, no questions asked.

We had the "Snoozin'"/"Cruisin'" door tag and hung it accordingly. Every morning and evening we'd come back to an immaculate room.