Social Media Plan on Valor?

Builder31

2 Questions.

Can you get the social media plan on the Valor? I think it's $5 per day and $25/for a 7 day? Can anyone confirm?

If so, can you use F B messenger?

Trying to find a way to be able to text one another on the ship. We were on the breeze last year and could do it thru the Carnival Hub app. But I dont think the Valor supports that app.

Thx

2 Questions.

Can you get the social media plan on the Valor? I think it's $5 per day and $25/for a 7 day? Can anyone confirm?

If so, can you use F B messenger?

Trying to find a way to be able to text one another on the ship. We were on the breeze last year and could do it thru the Carnival Hub app. But I dont think the Valor supports that app.

Thx

Yes they have the social media plan on the Valor and it was on a 7 day for $25.00. I just cruised in November 2015 and used it.

You can definitely use FB messenger. That's how I stayed in contact with my fiance who was at home.

Valor did not have the Carnival Hub app when I sailed.

2 Questions.

Thx

Valor didn't support HUB as of December. I just looked in the app this morning and it says coming soon, but it looks like that's pretty much every ship in that list now.

The prices you quoted are correct. I'm sure you're aware, but you can only be logged in and using the internet on one device at a time, so that $25 would be per person if you want to use it to send real-time messages.

Just on the Valor 3/5-3/12. The Social Media package price was $25 for the seven days. You could connect to Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Pintrest, LinkedIn, Twitter and other social media with that. However, after the first day, I found it too limited and switched to the $35 Internet package. That gave me access to Google, Flickr and Yelp and the ability to synch my Fitbit with my iPhone.

Edited by ahl

Just on the Valor 3/5-3/12. The Social Media package price was $25 for the seven days. You could connect to Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Pintrest, LinkedIn, Twitter and other social media with that. However, after the first day, I found it too limited and switched to the $35 Internet package. That gave me access to Google, Flickr and Yelp and the ability to synch my Fitbit with my iPhone.

OMG!:eek: Talk about plugged in overload:rolleyes::D!

It's vacay time, dude! unplug a little and chill. You won't miss a thing if you don't have that Bing!:D:D

OMG!:eek: Talk about plugged in overload:rolleyes::D!

It's vacay time, dude! unplug a little and chill. You won't miss a thing if you don't have that Bing!:D:D

LOL! But I earned my Mexico badge on Yelp! Connection was a bit faster, too, so I could post photos on Facebook each day. Also, could keep up with the BBC News app! Fitbit keeps me in line and away from the desserts. ;)

So there is a $35 package? Is that for the week? Does it give access to all sites? I saw there's an internet plan for $16/day. If it's $35/week that seems like a no brainier.

Also, for the social media plan...can you just use the apps to access each service? Or do you need to log in via your phone browser. No one in my family remembers any of their passwords. They log in via the apps which have the password already loaded. So will need to get all those figured out before we leave if it's via the browser. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thx. Just saw that. $60 for a week Internet package. Think I figured out that ahl upgraded from 25 to 60 so it cost 35 more.

Still have the question whether you can access the $25 plan from the apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

The $25 social plan includes apps like instagram, FB, FB Messenger. iChat worked for the first few days but they specifically say it's not supported so there was no complaining when that quit working. Snapchat is one that should have worked but never did and they just said it's a known problem. That was a big issue for my daughters.

My wife had the $99 plan and was able to stream movies on Netflix and Amazon last year on the Freedom but was not able to on the Valor. In fact it stated that streaming video wasn't allowed. She could however do shorter YouTube videos.

Edited by lberbe