Just booked, so many questions!

Just yesterday, we booked the April 24 sailing on the Allure out of Port Everglades. So excited, but so much to do. I am sure I could find all the answers to my questions in various threads, but if some super, kind, knowledgeable cruise could spare a few moments it would save me a lot of time. We normally sail on Disney out of Port Canaveral so this is different for us.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel for the night in Fort Lauderdale that has an airport and cruise shuttle, AND a Walgreens or other store within walking distance to grab a few things and maybe a bottle of wine pre-cruise?

Which rental car agencies in the area have port shuttles and a rental car drop off in the airport? We have a super early flight a few days after our cruise.

Tell me about the Kid's club areas. It says they have drop off camp as well as family times. How does that generally work and how do kids like it? My daughter loves drop off kids clubs, but my son is autistic and needs more support so we usually do just the family times on the Disney ships.

Where is the best place for quick lunch on embarkation day? As in, quick and easy for both kids and adults.

Do RCI cruisers do door magnets? I assume not, but if they do, I want to bring a few since my kids like them.

What time are rooms available on embarkation day?

We sailed RCI once before (on Enchantment and did not like it) so I guess we are Crown and Anchor members now. Any benefits to that? I know Disney gives a nice bag stuffed with goodies, Princess gives bags and some other perks.

Are there formal nights in the MDR?

I am sure I have more I am not thinking right now. And any other helpful tips would be appreciated. I could tell you a million tips about Disney, so I am feeling a bit unprepared here.

And THANKS!

I have done Royal Caribbean and Disney, but not out of that port. I can answer a few of the questions you have. Yes, there are some rooms that have door magnets. Typically rooms are available around 1pm. I normally board around 11am and we just carry our back packs to lunch in the Windjammer (buffet upstairs pool level). Make sure you pack bathing suits in your carry on/back pack so you and the kids can get in the pool if you want while waiting for rooms. By the time we eat lunch at the Windjammer, walk around the ship and relax by the pool the rooms are ready.

On a 7 night cruise there are 2 formal dining nights. You will see everything from formal dress to khakis for men. Just no shorts/jeans.

You will love the Allure of the Seas. It's newer and bigger than the Enchantment and so much to do for both parents and kiddos.

Embassy Suites is popular with cruisers in Ft. Lauderdale. It is close to Publix and Total Wine. The do have shuttles at a cost, but Uber and Taxis are cheaper.

Rooms should be available around 1 PM.

FLL has all the major rental car companies, but we have never used them post-cruise, so I can't comment.

And yes! decorate your door if wish to. :D It is not as common as it is on Disney, but we do on some cruises. :D

Edited by Coralc

We stayed at Hyatt Place 17th St last summer. They have a free airport shuttle. they also have a cruise shuttle, I think it's $7 pp. There is a Publix and Total Wine right across the street.

We took a cab to the port. We used Dollar/Thrifty rental after the cruise. They have a shuttle to their location right near the port. We then dropped the car at the airport.

Edited by dcgrumpy