NCL Epic question re mini suite

Lilypoppy

Have not sailed withe NCL for nearly 8years and was wondering if you could answer a few questions,

1. What are the advantages of a mini suite over a balcony?

2. Do you get robes with this mini suite (cabin 11089)

3. Can you have breakfast in your mini suite and is there a charge for this.

It's been quite a few years since we sailed with any cruise line and the recent one was with MSC Musica which both of my wife and I was not overly impressed, hence us going away in September with friends who have never cruised before, so any help would be appreciated:)

Edited by Lilypoppy

Basically the difference between the two is in the bathroom area. Not much else.

Don't know about robes.

You can get some limited breakfast items delivered for free by room service in the morning (before 10am I think). Mainly cold items.

I believe you are supposed to get robes in balcony and above cabins. On our January Epic sailing they were not in the stateroom but we asked the cabin steward and they were forthcoming.

I've read on other posts that people in any cabin grades got them if they asked their room steward.

Have not sailed withe NCL for nearly 8years and was wondering if you could answer a few questions,

1. What are the advantages of a mini suite over a balcony?

The main difference is that you get a bath tub with a mini-suite. The showers in the Epic balconies are small, round and are harder to use if you are larger or older

2. Do you get robes with this mini suite (cabin 11089)

If they are not in the room, just ask your cabin steward for robes.

3. Can you have breakfast in your mini suite and is there a charge for this.

A mini-suite is not a suite. You don't get a butler. You don't get concierge service. You don't get free in-room dining. It is just a larger standard room. That being said, everyone can get a free continental breakfast served in their room (coffees, juices, pastries). If you would like hot items like an omelet, there is $7.95 delivery charge.

See responses above

We normally book a mini-suite on the Epic, just for the additional space in the bath tub (since we are both large and old)

Edited by BirdTravels

We were just on the Epic in January in a mini-suite. Our friends were in a balcony. To my mind's eye in comparing the two rooms, our room had a very small amount of extra room between the bed and the balcony, but not enough to make a difference. Also, our room had a tub, which was nice for the extra space, but be aware that the tubs seemed to be at least about 20+ inches tall, which is quite a step in, although there was a grab bar. And about the bathrobes, our cabin steward told us they do not put the robes in ANY rooms on any of the mega-ships anymore, and they are only provided upon passenger request once on the ship.:)

Presumably, you need to climb into the bath to take a shower in the mini-suites?

Can you also take a shower in the Spa area even if not using the spa?

Edit: By spa I mean fitness suite!

Edited by Burgmeister

• 2 weeks later...

You can order a hot breakfast for a delivery fee of $7.95 per cabin not per person. Or a cold breakfast of muffins, croissants, or danish along with coffee, tea, juice and or milk without paying a delivery fee. Robes are available but you must ask for them. The room has a small coffee pot for brewing coffee and tea.