Live From The Dawn!!!

ccrain

Thanks for the information. I just saw something the other day that stated the Floretine Dining Room was opened for lunch on Boarding Day. We plan to eat there also. On every cruise we've been on, we have the hamburger and fries at least once and it is delicious. Again Thanks!

Thanks for the information. I just saw something the other day that stated the Floretine Dining Room was opened for lunch on Boarding Day. We plan to eat there also. On every cruise we've been on, we have the hamburger and fries at least once and it is delicious. Again Thanks!

We just got off the DAWN Monday did not see if the dining room was open on boarding .

We got to drop our carry-on in the cabin then ushered to the elevator to the Horizon for lunch buffet. Will check my Patter to see if they mention the dining room lunch hours.

welcome aboard luncheon hours

Horizon buffet 11:30-5:30pm

Florentine noon-1:30pm

balcony grill 11:30-5:00pm

ice cream parlor noon-5:00pm

dinner

1st sitting 6:00pm

2nd sitting 8:15 pm

other dining is from 5:30 pm onwards

They really want you to go to the buffet, but in fact one dining room is open for lunch, we ate there. We did have to tell them they advertised it in the patter, but then, no problem....and there were lots of bored waitstaff standing around talking who were very friendly and chatted with us a bit too :)

Just read your long review, fantastic.

One thing I'm happy to report is they seem to have fixed the tendering system in Catalina. We were off the ship minutes after getting our ticket. When talking to others, no one seemed to be having problems this time. The tender we took back came over almost empty (3:30 or so). I noticed they'd hired some local tenders to help in Cabo, and we had no problem there either. In fact they were almost faster than the passengers---seemed like they were anxious to improve their image. P.V. we had a tour so I'm not sure, but heard no complaints.

Hope everyone can see Catalina now, its not the most exciting port imo, but its a cute little town.

DougH,

You were right. The coconut shrimp were good. Loved the officer's bar. The passengers seemed rather stodgy! We prefer a lunch to a cocktail party.

Sally

I don't know if anyone is still participating in this post but I saw the reference to the lunch vs. coctail party. Was that for the Elite? I recall reading somewhere that there were about 60 Elite on this cruise. We were just on the Sea Princess and they had about 120 Elite so they had a cocktail party instead of a lunch. The Captain's Circle cocktail party was in the Atrium as there was no place to house all the quests - I think 75% were members.

Frank-in-CA

Just read your long review, fantastic.

One thing I'm happy to report is they seem to have fixed the tendering system in Catalina. We were off the ship minutes after getting our ticket.

Looking at the Krooze-Cam today at: http://*****.com/c96q4 it seems the Dawn is anchored and people are being tenderized once again.

Frank-in-CA

I don't know if anyone is still participating in this post but I saw the reference to the lunch vs. coctail party. Was that for the Elite? I recall reading somewhere that there were about 60 Elite on this cruise. We were just on the Sea Princess and they had about 120 Elite so they had a cocktail party instead of a lunch. The Captain's Circle cocktail party was in the Atrium as there was no place to house all the quests - I think 75% were members.

Frank-in-CA

Apparently they have a lunch or cocktail meeting with the upper crust of Elites - those that have sailed 300+ days or so. Sally may be lurking and answer this better, but I thought she said the top 40 or 50 are invited to a special get together.

The most traveled on this cruise had 600+ days of cruising...WOW!

You can eat in the dining room on sail away day. We did and it was ever so much more civilized than the buffet which was horrendously crowded when we walked through (or attempted to). It was never again that crowded until the last day breakfast.

We had no problem with tenders in Catalina or Cabo San Lucas.

Highly recommend El Squid Roe in Cabo. Fun place. A lady makes balloon hats she normally works in Cozumel but was displaced by the hurricane. She is excellent and innovative. People of all ages having fun and enjoying themselves. We saw two very old ladies drinking margaritas, wearing balloon hats and rocking out. Very cool.

The staff greets you and treats you like your the person with the lottery check. Very funny staff they do cool and funny things while serving. Also very warm people. Big hugs when you leave. My wife and I loved the place.

Apparently they have a lunch or cocktail meeting with the upper crust of Elites - those that have sailed 300+ days or so. Sally may be lurking and answer this better, but I thought she said the top 40 or 50 are invited to a special get together.

The most traveled on this cruise had 600+ days of cruising...WOW!

Elite level is 16 or more cruises. I really think they should count the number of days as one can become Elite by taking 16 short cruises while someone else could take 10 longer cruises and actually have more days. It is even stranger that Princess uses the number of cruises to determination of levels but number of days to reward the most traveled. I've written letters to Princess about this but never got a response.

Frank-in-CA leaving on the Dawn this Sunday, November 20th.

Archived