Dect Phones on LIBERTY

I've never heard of a guest getting one before...

The crew has them. yes

They used to rent them for $25 per cruise at Guest Services. There were a limited number, so you had to get there quick. I've not heard of them being rented in a while.

Our TA agent checked for me. She said they told her yes, we could get them after we board.

Not saying your TA wasn't told that but what they say over the phone and what happens onboard the ship are often vastly different.

Not saying your TA wasn't told that but what they say over the phone and what happens onboard the ship are often vastly different.

She said it was a VP she talked to and hopefully he would know! We'll see!

I'll report back!:)

We just disembarked Liberty. Our 8 year old son has special needs and they were happy to provide it while he was in the kids club. We checked it out when he went in and returned it when we picked him up. Knowing that they could contact us if he needed us (which they did several times when he wanted to be picked up) gave us great peace of mind! The service was free but we had to know to ask for it.

We just disembarked Liberty. Our 8 year old son has special needs and they were happy to provide it while he was in the kids club. We checked it out when he went in and returned it when we picked him up. Knowing that they could contact us if he needed us (which they did several times when he wanted to be picked up) gave us great peace of mind! The service was free but we had to know to ask for it.

Thanks for the info.

Just found this under Life on Board FAQ:

Q: Are walkie-talkies allowed onboard?

A: Dect phones (portable phones) are available to rent for $25.00 a week on Radiance and Voyager class vessels. Guests may reserve a set at the Guest Relations Desk, (price is subject to change). Guests are also allowed to have two-way radios, more commonly know as walkie-talkies, for onboard personal communications. Basic specifications are as follows: Up to 10-mile coverage range, Up to 5 watts power, Internal Voice, Operated Transmission, No external mounting antenna.