Midnight Buffet Late Night Snacks

T8NCruise

There's still a substantial buffet set out late evening, every evening. Last time I sailed it was at 10:30, IIRC, for one hour. There's usually a theme of Asian, Italian, etc. type foods.

Too early for me, since I've just finished dinner then, but good for those who ate early, but are still up and need a little something. The musicians and evening staff have supper then, too.

Does Holland still have hot food or snack in the Lido late at night, maybe 11 pm? Have seen no mention in my reading. Thank you.

There is a Lido Restaurant late snack each evening from 10:30 - 11:30 PM that is very well attended the first few evenings by passengers who try to eat everything possible on their cruise. By the third night, tightening clothing sees the attendance waaaaay down.

Here is a typical daily group of menus for the Lido Restaurant and MDR that includes the evening snack:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/AL-15-Menu-Day-05.pdf

After reviewing my collection of On Locations (daily activities), all of the HAL ships that I have sailed have pizza/pasta available until midnight in the Lido Restaurant (Vista Class) or the Slice on the aft Lido deck on Signature Class (Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam).

RuthC Thak you.

Crew News thank you for the link. Is that your own site?

Would appreciate some reassurance. What data or stats do you collect please when someone visits? What tracking?

If you will not disclose, not a problem since I was only looking to find out that late snack is served, no need or request for menus but appreciate the offer :)

RuthC Thak you.

Crew News thank you for the link. Is that your own site?

Would appreciate some reassurance. What data or stats do you collect please when someone visits? What tracking?

If you will not disclose, not a problem since I was only looking to find out that late snack is served, no need or request for menus but appreciate the offer :)

The menu link I posted was to give you an idea of typical late snack items and does not reflect what you will actually have on any HAL cruise.

Learning from discussions with the Culinary Operations Managers on HAL ships, I discovered that menus are basically the same for an entire season for a cruising region. So if I scan menus, those who follow on the same cruise will know what to expect for dining.

My site is my personal hobby site created with a WordPress template to display some of my amateur photography. Once I develop the knack of editing, I will be adding some of my travel videos.

After my first HAL cruise in 2008, my coworkers asked what I had to eat and then what else was available on the dining menus. Unable to answer all of their question, I added scanned menus and On Locations to my website. Now, I just refer questioners to my links. If my scanning can help HAL cruisers with their planning, I am glad to help.

I do not collect any data nor do I care how many visitors there are to my hobby website. I am not technically knowledgeable enough to develop any meaningful tracking of visitors. My website host, BlueHost, probably collects website statistics but with so many bots, those numbers just make me chuckle.