Discounted Drinks Package

My wife and I are relative newcomers to cruising having only cruised once before with Cunard 5 years ago. We have booked a 16 night cruise on Ovation from Barcelona to Dubai. I note that on my cruise planner at present there is a 20% discount on the Premium Drinks Package making it £32.38 per day. I enjoy a drink but wouldn't wish to purchase the package for the full 16 nights that would be too much alcohol for the system to take. Would I be able to purchase it for say the last 8 to 10 days of the cruise? This discounted price seems to be reasonable compared to the individual prices charged on board for most of the alcoholic drinks.

Is there any possibility that the packages will be offered at a lower rate once on board, or would it be advisable to purchase now whilst the 20% offer is available

Yes, you can purchase an unlimited beverage package for as little as 4 days. Whenever you purchase, it has to last until the end of the cruise. You can only purchase a partial package onboard.

You might find discounts onboard, but there is no way to predict it.

Edited by clarea

Yes you can purchase the package after boarding your cruise, but the discount may or

may not be available when your ready to purchase. Normally, RCI will offer a discount

package after day four, but not guaranteed After purchase it will be for the balance of your cruise. Bon Voyage!

Yes you can purchase the package after boarding your cruise, but the discount may or

may not be available when your ready to purchase. Normally, RCI will offer a discount

package after day four, but not guaranteed After purchase it will be for the balance of your cruise. Bon Voyage!

There is absolutely no assurance that RC will offer a discount after day four. I do not know why you would say that.

My wife and I are relative newcomers to cruising having only cruised once before with Cunard 5 years ago. We have booked a 16 night cruise on Ovation from Barcelona to Dubai. I note that on my cruise planner at present there is a 20% discount on the Premium Drinks Package making it £32.38 per day. I enjoy a drink but wouldn't wish to purchase the package for the full 16 nights that would be too much alcohol for the system to take. Would I be able to purchase it for say the last 8 to 10 days of the cruise? This discounted price seems to be reasonable compared to the individual prices charged on board for most of the alcoholic drinks.

Is there any possibility that the packages will be offered at a lower rate once on board, or would it be advisable to purchase now whilst the 20% offer is available

We are also on the same cruise as you and have purchased the discounted drinks package. I have read on another thread that somebody did phone RCI to ask if the discounted drinks package would be available onboard and they were told no. Whether or not this is true is anybody guess, but we decided to take the plunge now rather than wait and take the chance.

See you in Barcelona and if you get chance :D

I would take the plunge also but just don't want the package for the full 16 days. As has been pointed out by Clarea you can only take a shorter length of package on board and not in advance. My wife is teetotal and will only drink a few orange juices in a whole day so a package will not suit her, it would only be the one premium package that I would be paying for.

I would take the plunge also but just don't want the package for the full 16 days. As has been pointed out by Clarea you can only take a shorter length of package on board and not in advance. My wife is teetotal and will only drink a few orange juices in a whole day so a package will not suit her, it would only be the one premium package that I would be paying for.

Hey, then think of it as a 50% discount! You don't have to buy two packages! ;) :D

Have now booked a Premium Drinks Package at the discounted rate of £32.38 per day for the whole of the 16 day cruise. Didn't want to wait much longer in case the discount offer was withdrawn. Considering the prices charged for individual drinks I won't have to drink too much in a day 5 or 6 drinks p/day to break even. Being a tight Scot I might even drink a few more per day just to make sure I get my monies worth. Thanks for the previous comments which helped me make my decision

Have now booked a Premium Drinks Package at the discounted rate of £32.38 per day for the whole of the 16 day cruise. Didn't want to wait much longer in case the discount offer was withdrawn. Considering the prices charged for individual drinks I won't have to drink too much in a day 5 or 6 drinks p/day to break even. Being a tight Scot I might even drink a few more per day just to make sure I get my monies worth. Thanks for the previous comments which helped me make my decision

You're welcome and Cheers!

Good choice! Enjoy every drop!

:D

Hey there, I too booked a drinks package last week for my DH at the discounted rate. It really was a bit of a no brainer at that price, even though, like yourself, he's not a huge drinker. The break even point is that bit less.

I also booked the Royal Replenish package for myself - which gives me unlimited fancy coffees, virgin cocktails including frozen ones, and unlimited soft drinks including those from the fancy coke machines. At just over £15 per day this to was a bargain. Have you thought about this for your wife?

Hopefully see you onboard :)