Costa Maya Suggestions with 2 and 4 year old

puglover13

I am traveling with my friends and their two kids. This will be all of our first time in Costa Maya. Any suggestions on a beach club close to port and clear water? No sea grass. Also great for small children. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

We were in Costa Maya last November with our two kids. We took the $ 2 trolley into town. There are four stops. The first stoop will drop you off at the beginning of the beach walk-way (near Blue Kay), a very quite beach area. The fourth stop will drop you off at the end of the beach walk-way (near Pez Quadro beach club). There are many, many beach clubs in-between/along the beach walkway in town. We stayed at the Pez Quadro for a couple hours. The beach is shallow and easy for the kids to play in (also chairs, umbrellas, food, drinks). It was pretty quiet there though. When we return next year, we plan on going more around the middle of the beach walk-way (around the Krazy Lobster). Nice beach, water. Bring your own beach toys though. We had a very enjoyable day (very reasonable drink/food prices also).

I did the Mayan Experience tour with my kids, 4 and 14 and it was awesome. There will likely be local kids to play with on the home visit and you get a home cooked meal. Children under 5 are free. You get a quick ruins visit too. Here is a link:

https://www.thenativechoice.com/tours/mayan-experience-tour

I know it is not he beach, but it is an amazing experience. Bring a soccer ball and pump to leave with the local kids and you will be a hero to a village.

Maya Chan is our favorite place on all cruises. In fact, we picked a cruise on the NCL because its going to Costa Maya. We have contacted them and reserved a spot way early as they only allow so many people at a time. They pick you up outside the port and bring you back in plenty of time to avoid being a pier runner. Includes good food and drinks, all you want. Nice beach with kayaking and just plain old relaxing if that is what you want. They also do weddings. It's run by some Americans and they really make you feel welcome