Conquest March 13th-19th

CJDepew

I don't wear much jewelry so I didn't shop, but a friend of mine bought an amazing set (fine jewelry, not fashion) of ring/earrings/necklace/bracelet for less than 50% of the asking price. She was very happy and I'm sure they still made a profit too.

Loving your review! It sounds like we will be having very similar vacations. We are also flying out of Latrobe to Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise on the Conquest, with similar ports (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman).

Flying out of Latrobe is so easy for cruises. No parking fees and non-stop flights. I hope you folks have a fantastic cruise!

We were on the week before you. Sorry we broke the ship and caused you to be late to your first port. I have to agree with you about the food and the service on the pool deck. Funny thing is we were on the same cruise 11 months earlier and it was much much better (maybe one of the best we have had). Better food, service and a much better CD than Josh. I am not a Carnival fan and I agree with you about RCCL but do not judge all of any cruise line by one cruise on that line.

We were on this sailing also. We were also confused by the constant changing of the clocks! Have never experienced this before on a cruise and even our tour guide in Cozumel was confused as to why this had all taken place. And we werent on the ship for the actual day light savings time, we sailed on Sunday and moved our clocks for the first time Monday night. smh

My opinion on the "mechanical issue" is that they had an issue, went through the process of changing/canceling excursions etc, ended up fixing the issue long before we arrived in Montego Bay and putted along so we wouldnt arrive before noon. We were moving along at a pretty good pace when we went to bed that night. The next morning when we went up on deck I noticed we were hardly moving so I asked a crew member why we had slowed down so much and he pointed to the land and said, thats because Montego Bay is right there. Hmmm. I dont think we were 4 hours late. We originally were supposed to dock at 10am and I think it was around 12 (cleared to disembark by about 1245??) It was very chaotic leaving the ship but I think they were having quite a time keeping people out of the stairways when we werent cleared to disembark. Created a bottleneck of people.

Cee Jay Jones was HILARIOUS!!! It was so refreshing to have a great comedian after sailing in the Liberty Feb 21, 2016 and having two of the worst comedians I have ever seen! They were so bad it was uncomfortable.

The college kids didnt bother me at all, they were quite entertaining! All I kept thinking was who is paying their bar bill!! lol And it couldnt have been the Cheers program because they were drinking out of pitchers with straws and had those big tall beers with the spouts. lol

I had issue with Tommy G in the piano bar!!! We were in there and he told my daughter (who is 19) she had to leave because she wasnt 21 and its adult entertainment. I was NOT happy and she was embarrassed! After contacting carnival, they confirmed she could in fact be in there. I was told anyone under 18 need to be accompanied by a parent but at 19 she can be without one.

We sailed on the Conquest Feb 2015 and this sailing was alot more enjoyable. We had better entertainment, our dining staff was better, cruise director was better, overall we had an awesome time.

My experience in the buffet for dinner wasn't what I had hoped for. While food was plentiful there seemed to be no cohesive menu. For example, vegetable spring rolls next to an Italian chicken offering, next to something made of fish that didn't match either of those selections.

I ALWAYS felt there was something "off" with the Carnival buffets and could never quite articulate it. This is it exactly!!

Thanks for sharing, I've been enjoying your review and photos! We were on the Conquest Oct 31-Nov 8, 2015 for the Southern Caribbean itinerary. This was our first holiday cruise and we participated in the Halloween fun by dressing up as the Flintstones. There were 6 in our group and it was an absolute blast!!!

It was a wonderful cruise and we were able to visit ports we had not been to before. We were also at sea during a time change when we reverted from Daylight Savings Time back to Standard Time. The ship changed over to the new time on the same night the states did and luckily for us, we didn't have any issues. Actually, I enjoyed the idea that I gained an extra hour of cruising time, LOL.

I agree with the food assessment. We used to love the formal meals but they seem to have gone downhill since Carnival switched to the American Table menu. We were on the Freedom in February and it was the same thing. I talked to our waiter about it and he said there are a LOT of complaints that the quality and selection of the food is no longer the same. I get that they attempted something new in hopes of making improvements but in this case, its not working. Hopefully Carnival will wake up with all the complaints and go back to the old menu. And unfortunately, I feel the same about the entertainment too...

Except for the sub par food and entertainment, I have no complaints and everything was great! I can even tolerate the food because I'm not having to cook it or clean up and seriously, who goes hungry on a cruise ship? There's always ice cream to save the day! LOL.

Again, thanks for sharing and looking forward to the rest of your review!

I was on this cruise as well. I didn't find the college kids disruptive at all. They were a little loud at the adult pool on the first day at sea but only for about 30 minutes and I rather enjoyed it. Can't say what was going on at the big pool as I generally avoid it because I rather have the peace and quiet.

I didn't find them disruptive, simply that they looked like they enjoyed themselves. On the last sea day they were by the pool drinking fairy heavily. I enjoyed watching it. Didn't affect my cruise at all.

This was our 4th cruise with Carnival and I was a little disappointed with the food. The quality seems to have declined over the last few years from when I started and can only imagine how much it's slipped for those who have cruised for 10-20 years.

The switch in times was weird, but I think they at least did a good job of telling us about it.

Fantastic review btw. Really enjoyed reliving it again. 500 + days until we cruise again for our first back to back !

I think some of the spring break disruptions depended on which deck was your cabin location. One of our group was looking for a bargain and was in an interior on deck 1. Security had to be called several mornings in the wee hours and eventually the worst of the bunch was relocated somewhere else.

Does anyone know if the Conquest has the new American Table menus? We are sailing in June and I think I would like to try them.

Conquest is definitely American Table, but I am not sure if there is another updated version of it.

[quote name='CJDepew'][COLOR=Blue]I think some of the spring break disruptions depended on which deck was your cabin location. One of our group was looking for a bargain and was in an interior on deck 1. Security had to be called several mornings in the wee hours and eventually the worst of the bunch was relocated somewhere else.

[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Interesting. We were also on deck 1 and although I heard them a few times it was never enough to wake me up. But it could have been the other side of the ship or further down.

Btw, further to your Jamaica post, it really was poorly organized when you got off the ship. Not sure that is on Carnival or the port, but it was mayhem to say the least. People were pushing around the sides and jumping lines all over. We almost walked back on the ship after we lost out on 3 busses because of people pushing past us. Luckily we waited it out and enjoyed a nice day on the beach

[quote name='Dave994']I didn't find them disruptive, simply that they looked like they enjoyed themselves. On the last sea day they were by the pool drinking fairy heavily. I enjoyed watching it. Didn't affect my cruise at all.

This was our 4th cruise with Carnival and I was a little disappointed with the food. The quality seems to have declined over the last few years from when I started and can only imagine how much it's slipped for those who have cruised for 10-20 years.

The switch in times was weird, but I think they at least did a good job of telling us about it.

Fantastic review btw. Really enjoyed reliving it again. 500 + days until we cruise again for our first back to back ![/QUOTE]

Did you happen to see the girl they took away in the wheel chair on the last sea day? I wondered if she fell or simply passed out?? The medics were there along with two adults.

[quote name='crazyboutdisney']Did you happen to see the girl they took away in the wheel chair on the last sea day? I wondered if she fell or simply passed out?? The medics were there along with two adults.[/QUOTE]

I did see her! I think she was seriously drunk. Her 2 friends were almost dragging her across the lido.

[quote name='Dave994']I did see her! I think she was seriously drunk. Her 2 friends were almost dragging her across the lido.[/QUOTE]

Oh dear!! lol I was thinking she was the girl in the pool that kept passing out. Nice how her boyfriend kept dipping her under the water to wake her :eek: They were quite entertaining, however after the one girl got sick in the pool, I decided I didnt want to swim lol

[quote name='crazyboutdisney']Oh dear!! lol I was thinking she was the girl in the pool that kept passing out. Nice how her boyfriend kept dipping her under the water to wake her :eek: They were quite entertaining, however after the one girl got sick in the pool, I decided I didnt want to swim lol[/QUOTE]

Wow! Maybe I am thinking of someone else then. I didn't see anyone pass out or get sick in the pool but it doesn't surprise me. They were going very hard that last day for sure.

[quote name='Dave994']Wow! Maybe I am thinking of someone else then. I didn't see anyone pass out or get sick in the pool but it doesn't surprise me. They were going very hard that last day for sure.[/QUOTE]

Oh ya, it was quite disgusting. But her boyfriend was so nice to get her a cup to get sick in rather than have her get out of the pool. smh

They sure were hard at it!! lol Cant imagine their bar bill!!