My View: Navigator Spring Break and Cabin 7388

APDMOM

This morning, we were treated again by the group from Colorado Springs. This time, it was the Ovation Youth Orchestra performing. It was a real treat! These kids are going places…

a608ab1ba2b7ccfb8638908e1dd3fb39.jpg

3846abd9b8c6be31d731267f58240603.jpg

5b5f816ea35104a5f06e58860e7f715f.jpg

Windjammer lunch, and you know what that cake means… the end is near. (Sorry about the poor picture... Camera was still on no flash concert setting.)

0d4e8248e4fe6cb0945954a027170979.jpg

APDMOM

Our muster station was assigned to the final Ice Dancin’ Spectacular (the Ice skading show) at 4 pm. During the week, I was worried that we would not get seating, or that the show might be cancelled if the seas got rough. We headed down at 3:15 of the 4 p.m. show, as we knew the doors would open at 3:30. We got the best seats we ever had… dead center, right on the ice. There were still many seats open - I would say at least 50 - by the time the show started.

This was our favorite show of the week. Don’t miss it! Oh, and bring a sweater if you get cold easily.

c10d0bd8250dbc7df9f1edf573150b30.jpg

e26bf9a5a5fc10017d05e8c0017ff634.jpg

8037db6a4c56e844755abe5fcd20aa86.jpg

I would have missed it, but my husband pointed it out to me: Take note of the two team names…LOL! Just glad there are no icebergs in the Caribbean:

8c3c5449c441925b0c00e2a61aa2c2d3.jpg

65456e441794da32ecf50d0cfbeb80ca.jpg

f93112149951aa1ece87dea93a79be57.jpg

APDMOM

A few more of the Ice Skating Show:

a32e1de76a75d335a683c4ca055a121a.jpg

6f1de3af71e41585f6b8cc6d695c8352.jpg

69393cbe49ace04088134c6c369fdf3d.jpg

Well, you know what this picture means… And it is my final tip on Day 8: Take a picture of your checked luggage, just in case it gets lost:

635edbd0c5a7d9e9b8a8cbc819374a8a.jpg

APDMOM

Well, that is it for the day-to-day review. I will be back a little later with disembarkation info and a few comments in summary. Tomorrow, I will post more ship pictures and the Compass, etc.

Thanks for hanging in there... work gets in the way of my fun. [emoji1]

APDMOM

Love the Navigator. This will be our 4th sailing on her this Nov. We've always had an aft cabin or JS. Nothing like the aft view. Unfortunately we booked too late this year so we are in a JS near the aft.

Thanks for the great review & pictures

Well, this evening certainly has taken a different turn. I had to pay some bills, and while online, I noticed the NOS charge on my credit card is different than my invoice... After 29 minutes on hold for the C&A Rep, I was redirected to call guest resolutions, which is closed, of course. So, I will have to deal with that tomorrow. It is a $12.28 charge. The only things we bought the last day were our 2 for $20 shirts, and those were already on the account.

Although it is not a lot of money, it bothers me that we are being charged for some mystery item... We'll see what we find out tomorrow.

Thanks so much for your review. I am disappointed that the entertainment was not so good. One reason we have been loyal to Royal, are the shows. We leave on the 30th of this month, and can't wait! Am interested in seeing the compasses to decide what we will be doing. Again thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our disembarkation experience

Well, the last time we disembarked on a holiday in Port Everglades, we were not off the ship until 2pm :eek:

So, we were prepared for the slow customs and disembarkation. Our luggage tag was supposed to be called at 9:15. By 8:15, disembarkation was already running 45 minutes behind, so we made the best of it and enjoyed our Rubiks cubes in the R bar. Our tag was finally called at about 9:50. Suddenly, they announced that all tags had been cleared and called, and I prepared for "the stampede", which did not come. When we got to the luggage area, our 3 bags were sitting by their lonesome selves. Apparently, many people must have jumped the gun and just disembarked at will, because this was the easiest walk through customs we ever experienced in Port Everglades. There were still 3 lines, but not near as bad as in the past.

Park 'n' go had 3 shuttles waiting, and we were at our car by 10:40. This was a much better experience than last time we used them, and I definitely recommend them!

We got a glimpse of our "future ship", Allure, and felt very good getting off the ship with the prospect of cruising again in a mere 7 weeks (now 6)!

My advice for the last morning - enjoy the ship a bit longer and relax. Eat a leisurely breakfast in the main dining room, and tip those waiters. :)

Final impressions to follow.

Oh forgot to ask, did they offer a drink card at all during the cruise to buy 10 drinks for a set price? TIA

Unfortunately not... I was on the lookout for them, but they never came. I don't know if it was because we had a full sailing over spring break. I guess they made enough money not to offer that special.

Thoughts on Navigator and our experience:

Keep in mind, this was a fully booked spring break cruise, so that may have impacted our experience.

Our favorite things:

1. The balcony. We avoided many of the crowds this way, and had the most relaxing vacation.

2. Service. We did not encounter a single negative crew member on this cruise!

3. Giving ourselves permission to stay on the ship. I know that may sound silly, but we did not put any pressure on ourselves to maximize every port. In part, this is because we have done all these ports before, but also because we wanted to relax and enjoy the balcony.

4. Windjammer desserts at dinner. Those crêpes are awesome! I forgot to mention I had one the last night too.

5. Promenade Cafe. I LOVE the layout of this one!

6. Henry, the pianist in the main dining room, was excellent. We had the best MDR atmosphere ever.

Not so fond of:

1. The crowded feeling on the ship. Like I said, it was a sold out cruise, and the sales booths on the promenade really tainted our experience of the beautiful promenade. The day they had the promenade cleared for the parade was totally different than the rest of the week.

2. Small pool area. The two pools that are open for kids to use have a limit of 19 and 22 people each. That is insane for a ship with more than 3,800 passengers! Fortunately, we had the balcony and used the pools dueing port days.

3. The smoke smell on the promenade. I did not mind so much that the smoke drifted to Boleros, because we did not spend much time there. However, on busy sea days and nights, it could even be smelled on the promenade because of the staircase that exits by Vintages. We learned to stay away during those hours.

4. The entertainment in the show lounge. It seems Navigator did not even get the "B" team... It was one of our big disappointments, as we got used to a certain quality product on Royal... that seems to be changing quickly.

Neither pro, nor con, we noticed that the food was not as well prepared as on Freedom and Oasis. The same meals tasted quite different, and mostly because some of the food was a bit overcooked and sometimes dry. However, overall it was still great food, and we cannot complain. We just noticed a difference.

Navigator is a beautiful ship. We will sail her again if we can get our corner aft at a reasonable price. :)

Well, the Compass is scanned, but I am exhausted after a busy week at work. So, I will post them tomorrow...after we store our Honda, which is on a 2-month waiting list for service due to the recall.:eek:

DH got a rental for it today (paid by Honda), and it made for the perfect "April fools". I sent my family a WhatsApp with the picture of the rental, telling them it is my DH's new car... They fell for it hook, line, and sinker, and I have not told them it is a rental yet. :D Maybe I will send them a link to this review. :p

Still enjoying the photos very much.:)

Thank you! It is an honor that you are following my review. Thank you for always helping out here at CC and for answering our questions (even the same ones over and over) with patience!

Thanks so much for your review. I am disappointed that the entertainment was not so good. One reason we have been loyal to Royal, are the shows. We leave on the 30th of this month, and can't wait! Am interested in seeing the compasses to decide what we will be doing. Again thanks!

Enjoy planning your cruise! You never know, maybe they will get a new cast before your sailing. It can make a big difference. Also, remember my disclaimer that I am picky about pitch and harmony. :)

Thank you for reading along!

Thank you! It is an honor that you are following my review. Thank you for always helping out here at CC and for answering our questions (even the same ones over and over) with patience!

Thanks for the kind words. :)