My View: Navigator Spring Break and Cabin 7388

APDMOM

I have a few questions about Emerald for those experienced “top tier” cruisers on Royal: Do you always get the special shampoo, conditioner, lotion and liquid soap, or is this something on Navigator and provided for everyone? Or, does it depend on the ship? I would love to skip packing the shampoo, etc! ...

Bathroom amenities are normally for JS staterooms and better, and Diamond Plus level with more than 340 points. If you don't fall into one of those categories, then it could be that ship has a different policy or your stateroom attendant was being nice.

Bathroom amenities are normally for JS staterooms and better, and Diamond Plus level with more than 340 points. If you don't fall into one of those categories, then it could be that ship has a different policy or your stateroom attendant was being nice.

Thanks, Bob. I guess I will have to pack the shampoo for Allure. :)

enjoying your review. Thank you for taking the time to post it. Your pictures are beautiful

Hope your son enjoyed the new "cube"

Thanks! Yes, he is already hinting (aka blatantly asking) for the 7x7. :D He knows it is my weakness too, since I want a larger cube after I master each one.

I have to agree with you that the production shows last week on Navigator were just awful! Dance Fever had people walking out in droves. The show had zero plot and made no sense at all. It was just a bunch of random dances, many of which were repeated. The costumes looked like they were from the 70's, and the singers were painful to listen to. What bothered me the most that the entire show was performed to a pre-recorded music track instead of with the live orchestra. One of the things we enjoy the most about RCI is that unlike some other cruise lines, they still use live musicians with their shows. Very disappointing to DH and I. Other than the entertainment, we really liked the ship and were considering booking her again for next March. Now however we are rethinking this as we just don't see ourselves wanting to see anything except for the ice show again. The ice show by the way was awesome - saw that twice!

Thank you! I figured out the issue with the sizes and it should be more consistent tomorrow. I will repost the small room pictures at the very end of the review for those interested in the room pictures a bit larger than 24kb's... Yikes!:eek:

Great Review,we have 7388 for our 14 night Med cruise in September,looks like theve re-floored the balcony.We booked in March last year to get that room.We had the same on Explorer in 2012.

You have posted just what i like to see..Phil.

PS we are diamond plus and dont get the bathroom shampoos etc,maybee its the corner balcony treat.

Edited by new seekers

Thank you! I figured out the issue with the sizes and it should be more consistent tomorrow. I will repost the small room pictures at the very end of the review for those interested in the room pictures a bit larger than 24kb's... Yikes!:eek:

loving your review we go in June so great to see the photos and the tips

I am enjoying your review and photos.

The Navigator is one of the three Royal Caribbean ships that we have yet to sail therefore we booked her for the end of April and a prelude to our May 1 Back2Back on the Allure (our favorite and most frequently sailed class of ship).

We seldom go to any production show unless it is on the Quantum, Anthem, Oasis, or Allure. The "Mama Mia" production on the Allure is excellent.

Hi ADPmom,

Enjoying following your review. My dd (16) and I are looking forward to a June cruise on LOS. She is hearing impaired with cochlear implants. I wonder if you have might have suggestions for me on making her trip more enjoyable.. I noticed your point about asking for a table in a quiet area.

For shows can we ask to sit close so she can read lips etc??

Do they have a texting device, like Disney has? or do we have to pay for wifi and text on our cell phones? She often can't hear on a handset phone.

So glad you had a nice time!

Thanks! Mary

Thanks for your review. Sailing 4/2 on Nav!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are on that same cruise! I'm pretty close to counting the hours. :-)

Did you sign up for the meet and mingle?

Thank you and the pics are amazing! Navigator looks to be in beautiful shape!....K.O.:)

Thanks to all of you for reading along and for the compliments! I am enjoying writing this and reliving our week "in a different world!"

I do not respond to each comment so that this does not drag out too much, but I read them all and appreciate the feedback.

I will be doing day 3 shortly, as I got a head start last night on organizing.

APDMOM

Hi ADPmom,

Enjoying following your review. My dd (16) and I are looking forward to a June cruise on LOS. She is hearing impaired with cochlear implants. I wonder if you have might have suggestions for me on making her trip more enjoyable.. I noticed your point about asking for a table in a quiet area.

For shows can we ask to sit close so she can read lips etc??

Do they have a texting device, like Disney has? or do we have to pay for wifi and text on our cell phones? She often can't hear on a handset phone.

So glad you had a nice time!

Thanks! Mary

Hi, Mary,

I would definitely e-mail the dining room request to rcldining@rccl.com and explain the situation. We were on deck 4, right next to a wall, which really helped block other sounds. It was table 477, but I am sure they move the numbers around. When you e-mail them, include your booking number, sailing date and name. You can also call the RCI special needs dept. to let them know of your concerns. Once you are onboard, go to the dining room to see where your table is, and whether it will work for you.

They had some assistive listening systems available for some shows, but I do not need one, as I thankfully have full hearing in one ear. I have most trouble when I am in a crowd. Ask at the special needs dept. if they can reserve you some seats close to the stage. I hope it works out so that she can enjoy the whole experience! [emoji846]

APDMOM

I am enjoying your review and photos.

The Navigator is one of the three Royal Caribbean ships that we have yet to sail therefore we booked her for the end of April and a prelude to our May 1 Back2Back on the Allure (our favorite and most frequently sailed class of ship).

We seldom go to any production show unless it is on the Quantum, Anthem, Oasis, or Allure. The "Mama Mia" production on the Allure is excellent.

Glad to hear Mama Mia is good! It seems you will be getting off Allure when we embark... we will just miss you.

APDMOM

I hope I caught all the questions. I will read through one more time later tonight. For now, I will proceed with:

My View: Day 3 - Labadee

8cc6b8f261c4dbffdd92198bd1b8c0b7.jpg

It was a beautiful day in Labadee, and we arrived about 7 a.m. I was up early again, enjoying the sunrise over Labadee:

545dde4b186908a1a12a79e382e0f785.jpg

72d1b0180271a7979f5d42446523cfdb.jpg

5149128f6e267304303c2ee2cfc85095.jpg

Due to the early arrival, we opted for room service. We got a call just after 7 that our order was coming (we had indicated between 7 and 7:30 on the order). Within 5 minutes of the phone call, room service arrived.

We waited for most of the crowds to disembark, and got off around 9 a.m. We always turn right after entering the port, as there is a nice spot for pictures. We mount the camera on a trashcan or tree (using gorillapod-type mount) for a family picture with the ship. Unfortunately, I did not realize we had covered the name of the ship in this one:

5690ddcbb07300c0927bda3a5c9fbcc6.jpg

APDMOM

The peninsula is very beautiful and there is a free trolley to take you around the area. The whole area is enclosed, so you really don’t ‘leave’ the port. Your seapass works on Labadee also, as the drinks are sold by Royal. You will need some cash if you plan on buying from the vendors. Be careful, though. The vendors outside the building up the hill are very aggressive. They will even try to con you into buying stuff. We only went there once on a previous cruise, and will not do it again.

We took the free trolley to Adrenaline Beach:

e6a24721762d35fc9b517d2dbc503c41.jpg

cf8008176c297abe9d6f047ca0707824.jpg

Adrenaline Beach, with a view of the ship and the zipline:

1b2e4cac3f6a8342d353185126a1c2e9.jpg

f4155efdde9481baa982570eb8f7d010.jpg

APDMOM

Changing the subject a bit...

I have a few questions about Emerald for those experienced “top tier” cruisers on Royal: Do you always get the special shampoo, conditioner, lotion and liquid soap, or is this something on Navigator and provided for everyone? Or, does it depend on the ship? I would love to skip packing the shampoo, etc! This is what we got in our cabin:

40f5eb5ac6798ca51ddfb5461cbb4bda.jpg

Here are some surprises that awaited us for turning Emerald after our last cruise: Free water, Orange juice (which we had chosen on our Crown and Anchor login), a bag of shortbread cookies, and sweet treats:

69afaa7b124f4d9d1cf6e23278d7f289.jpg

3aba0810a6e80e17972ac0fc36d4b5b8.jpg

APDMOM

The toiletries you have are not the "top tier" shampoos, conditioner, etc. They are the new ones given to anyone not D+ or Pinnacle, or in a suite. ....K.O.