Problem with prepaid items through website

pamwinn

It's not that I hope someone else has experienced this but if you have maybe you can offer some advice. I booked a beverage and laundry package online. I received an email to that effect with the subject line "Online booking successfully completed." It contains a booking summary listing those two items. I checked and my credit card was charged. I did not receive an invoice and a reissue of the e-tickets as I have in the past. Something made me worry about that last week so I went online into my booking. The purchase was not listed under my booking summary. Under the shopping cart there is a little link to purchase history so I clicked that and pulled up a list that contained the two items. There is a little yellow dot next to each item and hovering over the dot opens a pop-up that reads "on wait." So I called. I love sailing MSC but I hate calling them so much, but that's another story. The representative did not know what the yellow dot means. They have no record of my purchase. I know the email I received will not suffice onboard because I read reviews that indicate as much. I forwarded the MSC email to the rep as well as a screen shot with the yellow dots and a screen shot of my credit card billing (after editing with photoshop to protect my privacy of course). I have not heard back and don't really know what my next step should be. I know I have to call again and listen to that song for an hour or so but I am hoping for advice from someone who has experienced something similar. I know I can dispute the charge and will do so if I can't solve the problem any other way. She said she was forwarding the correspondence to the IT department but it seems like an accounting issue to me.:confused: Sail date is within 2 weeks.

Sorry I have no answers for you, but very wise that you are protecting your personal information. I continue to be a different person from a different country, complete with phone numbers, e-mail addresses and in some cases passport numbers. My complaint was forwarded to IT 2 weeks ago, and yet today I am from France! I may wait until I am on board to buy my drink package!

Thanks for sharing, and I hope it works out for you!

If your situation is similar to mine, I think you should dispute the charge with your CC company. I intend to call MSC once more tomorrow and after that, I will call my credit card company to dispute the charge. The problem is, I have great difficulty reaching anyone on the phone. Worse, I am an agent. The thought of dealing with issues like this keeps me from recommending MSC to others. That being said, MSC is my personal favorite. Weird isn't it? I've only been on the Divina. I like the food, the entertainment is wonderful and the ship is gorgeous. However, if something is screwed up with your booking...it is a total nightmare.

Edited by pamwinn

If your situation is similar to mine, I think you should dispute the charge with your CC company. I intend to call MSC once more tomorrow and after that, I will call my credit card company to dispute the charge. The problem is, I have great difficulty reaching anyone on the phone. Worse, I am an agent. The thought of dealing with issues like this keep me from recommending MSC to others. That being said, MSC is my personal favorite. Weird isn't it? I've only been on the Divina. I like the food and the entertainment is wonderful. However, if something is screwed up with your booking...it is a total nightmare.

That's exactly what I would do. Nothing will get them moving like a disputed credit card charge.

before my Christmas cruise on Fantasia I booked a sail away package, this didn't show up on my account when i logged in. I was concerned like you and emailed MSC.

On wait means it's waiting to be delivered / taken up.

Your confirmation email should have the sailing reference etc, so take that with you, but when we got onboard they knew all about the bookings I had made online

That makes sense but my brother is also booked on the cruise. When he purchased his beverage and laundry packages online just as I did, he received three emails: the package booking summary, an invoice for the package, and a reissue of the e-ticket. Further, he does not have the yellow on wait dot, he has green dots which indicated booked. I can't help but worry over this. I called MSC yet again today and was told they would work on it and get back to me. I received an email a little while ago that states: "I just received an update from the E-commerce manager and she has submitted a ticket to our IT department. The reservations manager has assured me that you will receive your items that you ordered online. I will keep you posted when I receive any additional information. Thank you".

Just tried, got an error!

We're sorry but there was an error and the transaction could not be completed.

All items have been removed from your shopping cart, please click on the button below to go back to shopping.

For assistance with your booking, please call us at xxxxxxxxx

:(

Just tried, got an error!

We're sorry but there was an error and the transaction could not be completed.

All items have been removed from your shopping cart, please click on the button below to go back to shopping.

For assistance with your booking, please call us at xxxxxxxxx

:(

Uh oh. Maybe it's because we are both from Georgia.:D On the other hand, maybe the IT department is working the midnight shift and fixing the problem.

Yup, I would call my CC company and dispute charge AND call them and tell them that is what I'm going to do IF I don't see my account updated with the purchased items within 24 hours.

I paid in full two weeks ago for my June cruise and my e-tickets still haven't been emailed (along with luggage tags). From reading on here, it seems it's something they do last minute so I'm going to wait a month before calling them.

I'm a little OCD and I like to be prepared. This experience with MSC is very different from what I'm accustomed to. I already had to call them once to fix my booking information as they got all our birth dates wrong.

Today I started shopping for the trip...some new clothes, accessories and a variety of things we will need. It's still all very exciting!:D

Yup, I would call my CC company and dispute charge AND call them and tell them that is what I'm going to do IF I don't see my account updated with the purchased items within 24 hours.

I paid in full two weeks ago for my June cruise and my e-tickets still haven't been emailed (along with luggage tags). From reading on here, it seems it's something they do last minute so I'm going to wait a month before calling them.

I'm a little OCD and I like to be prepared. This experience with MSC is very different from what I'm accustomed to. I already had to call them once to fix my booking information as they got all our birth dates wrong.

Today I started shopping for the trip...some new clothes, accessories and a variety of things we will need. It's still all very exciting!:D

I know from past experience that they do not make e-tickets available until close to sailing date. I have the OCD thing as well so it drives me a little crazy not having the e-tickets printed and placed in my cruise folder. You should have received the three emails I indicated above. If you did not, then there is something odd going on with your purchases. Don't wait on that issue. I am worried that I will run out of time. We cruise on 4/9 and are leaving home several days prior.

Go to the page that I've attached and click on VIEW ORDER HISTORY under the shopping cart in the upper right. That takes me to the screen that lists my purchases except there are yellow dots beside the items. They are supposed to be green.

392135807_ScreenShot2016-03-30at7_50_41PM.jpg.e0b19127e3ce945a031438f8bc7042b0.jpg

Edited by pamwinn

items still in cart, i have no green, or yellow dots? i've bought these items twice so far, and days apart no charge on credit card, i'm so confused, i guess i'll have to call them to order it.

cart.jpg.8f6307d5a06250c6b5deae9813671d13.jpg

Edited by rbpjr

Ahhhh...okay. That reminded me of what happened to me in December. I had the same issue as you with the items staying in the cart. As it turned out, I had been charged for the items several times and had about 10 beverage packages and a years worth of laundry service. Fortunately, that was all corrected with the phone call. So put on a pot of coffee, grab a good book, call and listen to that sound loop about a hundred times. Pray that at the end of an hour long hold, the recording doesn't come on that says due to the call volume you will have to leave a message...If that happens, call back until you get someone. I have not been successful with leaving messages.

Don't know if it is different in the US but in the UK, they've changed their process. They now only show these purchases on your etickets if you phone up and get them added to your booking and pay with the final,payment. I too expected to see my online bookings on my tickets as I always have in the last. Now they say I have to,print off the statement of my purchases from the prepaid services section on the website.

I board next Tuesday, I will know by then if this all works or not!

Don't know if it is different in the US but in the UK, they've changed their process. They now only show these purchases on your etickets if you phone up and get them added to your booking and pay with the final,payment. I too expected to see my online bookings on my tickets as I always have in the last. Now they say I have to,print off the statement of my purchases from the prepaid services section on the website.

Thanks for that info. My brother was successful in his package booking but it didn't show on his ticket as it has in the past so he was concerned about that. But for me, the prepaid section looks like this and the only way I can even get to it is clicking on the link under the shopping card for purchase history. It doesn't show anywhere else. I am hoping that the people in Italy solve the problem for me today. They are open now and hopefully working to solve the problem.

887838409_ScreenShot2016-03-24at1_06_19PM.jpg.ba7e973ae125d2abb1bfdf729990c02c.jpg

MSC seem to be having massive issues with their website - I have three bookings and they have all disappeared!

That's a lot worse than my problem. Have you called to verify that you are still booked in their system?

I have all of the confirmations etc, someone else has posted a thread that their booking had vanished and they'd been seeing other cruisers details. I think they've maybe taken part of the website offline while they resolve some data issues

We paid our final payment about a week ago and completed online check-in. I called our PVP and asked about our boarding documents and luggage tags. She said she would request them for us. I asked her how long until we get them and she said minutes. So within a few minutes we had our documents.

We did prebook the drink voucher package and they don't show up on the documents. We didn't pay for them as we added them to our booking before they updated the site to make you prepay. I still see them on the online booking area but just grayed out. I am not sure what will happen to those. I may have to call and see what is going on.

It's not that I hope someone else has experienced this but if you have maybe you can offer some advice. I booked a beverage and laundry package online. I received an email to that effect with the subject line "Online booking successfully completed." It contains a booking summary listing those two items. I checked and my credit card was charged. I did not receive an invoice and a reissue of the e-tickets as I have in the past. Something made me worry about that last week so I went online into my booking. The purchase was not listed under my booking summary. Under the shopping cart there is a little link to purchase history so I clicked that and pulled up a list that contained the two items. There is a little yellow dot next to each item and hovering over the dot opens a pop-up that reads "on wait." So I called. I love sailing MSC but I hate calling them so much, but that's another story. The representative did not know what the yellow dot means. They have no record of my purchase. I know the email I received will not suffice onboard because I read reviews that indicate as much. I forwarded the MSC email to the rep as well as a screen shot with the yellow dots and a screen shot of my credit card billing (after editing with photoshop to protect my privacy of course). I have not heard back and don't really know what my next step should be. I know I have to call again and listen to that song for an hour or so but I am hoping for advice from someone who has experienced something similar. I know I can dispute the charge and will do so if I can't solve the problem any other way. She said she was forwarding the correspondence to the IT department but it seems like an accounting issue to me.:confused: Sail date is within 2 weeks.

I just received the following email from MSC:"Hello Pam,

Thank you for your e-mail. I have spoken with the E-commerce manager and they have advised that the IT department has identified the issue is with our accounting department. I spoke with the accounting supervisor and they are working to get this resolved. I will contact you as soon as we have resolved the issue. Thank you for your patience."

Best Regards,

I know from past experience that they do not make e-tickets available until close to sailing date. I have the OCD thing as well so it drives me a little crazy not having the e-tickets printed and placed in my cruise folder. You should have received the three emails I indicated above. If you did not, then there is something odd going on with your purchases. Don't wait on that issue. I am worried that I will run out of time. We cruise on 4/9 and are leaving home several days prior.

I have all my confirmation emails printed out and also the excursions I purchased through them are on my booking page...so it appears everything is in order....I would just like to have my e-tickets and luggage tags. I did call MSC to inquire and he said my booking is in order, even if I don't get the e-tickets by the time I cruise I am in the system and will just have to show my booking summary. He also suggested that I ask that luggage tickets be put on port side as they have "better luggage tags":confused: so that I need not worry if I don't get them before hand...LOL...I tell ya these Italians! (And I'm Italian).

Ugh....still not in panic mode as I have quite a bit of time to go.

I have all my confirmation emails printed out and also the excursions I purchased through them are on my booking page...so it appears everything is in order....I would just like to have my e-tickets and luggage tags. I did call MSC to inquire and he said my booking is in order, even if I don't get the e-tickets by the time I cruise I am in the system and will just have to show my booking summary. He also suggested that I ask that luggage tickets be put on port side as they have "better luggage tags":confused: so that I need not worry if I don't get them before hand...LOL...I tell ya these Italians! (And I'm Italian).

Ugh....still not in panic mode as I have quite a bit of time to go.

I have noticed several times that when people call to inquire about their tickets, they get them the next day...so maybe! I am related to some Sicilians (Digirolomo) who live in California...they have huge families so that's a lot of Italian relatives.:D

That aligns with my experience. Two packages booked online and neither show up on the boarding docs (which were issued weeks after the purchase.) They both show up online with green dots.

I only got one email for each package, titled "Online booking successfully completed." The sender is "cruiseinfo@msccruises.com" which is different from any other email I've gotten from MSC, be it an ad or a booking confirmation.

Looking at the charges on Mint, it shows up as "Cruises" rather than something easily identifiable. It also says "appears on your statement as MSC CRUISES USA", though I don't know why it wouldn't always show up that way. FYI for those of you who may be using an aggregator like Mint to check for the transaction.

Boarding Saturday, so I'll try to post my results if I know before we leave port. If you don't hear from me: the line was too long, all went well... or I'm in the brig. ;)

Edited by mikesteg

That aligns with my experience. Two packages booked online and neither show up on the boarding docs (which were issued weeks after the purchase.) They both show up online with green dots.

I only got one email for each package, titled "Online booking successfully completed." The sender is "cruiseinfo@msccruises.com" which is different from any other email I've gotten from MSC, be it an ad or a booking confirmation.

Looking at the charges on Mint, it shows up as "Cruises" rather than something easily identifiable. It also says "appears on your statement as MSC CRUISES USA", though I don't know why it wouldn't always show up that way. FYI for those of you who may be using an aggregator like Mint to check for the transaction.

Boarding Saturday, so I'll try to post my results if I know before we leave port. If you don't hear from me: the line was too long, all went well... or I'm in the brig. ;)

That is the email I received.