Intercontinental Miami Nov 5, 2016

LynnB

Any idea why the Intercontinental would be unavailable for 11/5/16? We'll be on NCL Getaway on 11/6 and would like to stay here the night before. I've been checking for the last month or so but have seen no availability for this date.

Any idea why the Intercontinental would be unavailable for 11/5/16? We'll be on NCL Getaway on 11/6 and would like to stay here the night before. I've been for the last month or so but have seen no availability for this date.

Most probably a big conference/convention that has sold out the hotel and other hotels around it.

• 2 weeks later...
According to the Miami Convention Calendar (http://planners.miamiandbeaches.com/tools-and-resources/convention-calendar/) the Intercontinental is expecting 600 attendees from 11/3 to 11/8 for the Cruise Planners American Express Travel Annual 2016 Convention.

Oh no....

I'm coming from the Getaway on 6th November and have a room there.

not sure if I want to stay there when a big convention is going on

Thanks, I figured it was something like that. Now I need to come up with a new plan.

We have the Continental at Doral book at the end of this month. Trip Advisor indicates this hotel is very good, but 13 miles away from POM. We have a pretty awesome looking room (poolside) for less than $200 a night. Might be worth a look.

We have the Continental at Doral book at the end of this month. Trip Advisor indicates this hotel is very good, but 13 miles away from POM. We have a pretty awesome looking room (poolside) for less than $200 a night. Might be worth a look.

Does that include a shuttle from MIA and a shuttle to POM? I ask because if you are taking a cab it will not be an inexpensive fare to POM since it is about a half hour ride according to google maps. Even the ride from MIA to the hotel is listed as 15 to 20 minutes (here in South Florida distance isn't nearly as important as drive time in determining cab fare).

Very inconvenient location. Doral traffic is horrible even by Miami standards.

Can you rebook elsewhere?

Edited by BlueHerons