NCL GETAWAY 2017 promotions?

njsonja

It depends on which sailing you are talking about and when you book. Promos change regularly. I booked getaway for 2017 Baltic last month. Insides were pick one, ov thru ms was pick 2. Now I think it's pick one for insides and ov, pick two for balcony and ms. all four for haven last mo and this month. Regarding ksf it just depends on sailing. I'm sure the other sailings for getaway are different promos again depending on sail date. They are also offering reduced deposits on my Baltic sailing for any room except suites. I think it was $250 per stateroom vs normal $800.

a Getaway cruise in April 2017.

And you have the option to pick one of the perks…here are your options;

Plus your choice of the perk and their added fees (one for inside and ocean view)

Free at Sea offer options;

• Ultimate Beverage Package (includes alcoholic drinks) and you pay an additional service fee of $227.52 per person

• 4 meal dining package – for specialty diners and you pay an additional service fee of $15.12 per person

• $50 per cabin/per port excursion credit – limit 4 ports

• Free 250 minutes of WiFi

the UBP and the dining package barely feel like a perk now when you have to pay those extra amounts, don't you think?

Plus your choice of the perk and their added fees (one for inside and ocean view)

• Ultimate Beverage Package (includes alcoholic drinks) and you pay an additional service fee of $227.52 per person

• 4 meal dining package – for specialty diners and you pay an additional service fee of $15.12 per person

the UBP and the dining package barely feel like a perk now when you have to pay those extra amounts, don't you think?

Regardless of the ship, the promos which charge you the 18% fees are still good promos. $15.12 pp for 3/4 meals seems pretty reasonable to me and while we don't drink enough to bother with the UBP, it still works out well for most pax who enjoy a couple of drinks each day. It's true that the extra tips were included in the promos previously but it's still cost effective for most.

It's your choice whether or not you take those promos and on some sailings you can choose to take none and see savings of $200 with the "Sail away" offerings.

It's all up to you how you spend your money.

As others have said, I think it depends on the sailing and time of year you go, but we booked a January 2017 cruise and we were offered the you pick 2 promo. It's still being offered on a majority of sailings.

Although we are not heavy drinkers, we thought the beverage package would be enjoyable to have.

The fees are based on how many nights your sailing. The alcohol perk has a fee of $14.22 pp/pd. The dining perk fee is based on how many nights as well. I think it's only 3 dinners now for 5-9 nt sailings and 4 dinners on 10+ nt sailings.

As far as value it just depends on your desires.

I think the dining perk is a good value because I'd have to pay the grats if i purchased.

The "ultimate" beverage package is ultimate in the sense that it covers most alcohol and fountain soda. For someone who doesn't drink much there's not much ultimate about it at all because it doesn't even cover a speciality coffee or water bottle or can of soda. They should really just call it the ultimate alcohol package vs ultimate beverage. I guess they call it ultimate beverage because they throw in fountain soda. If you only want soda it's $8.50 per day and only one in the cabin needs to purchase so a much better deal not to take the UBP perk.

The $50 port excursion credit is per cabin max 4 ports. If two people are using the excursion it amounts to a $25 discount on each excursion. Since most excursions can be booked separate from cruise line for a fraction of the fees NCL charges it's not worth it to me but many people prefer to book thru the cruise line so may be a benefit to them.

Internet has a value of I think $125 but it can't be used toward the unlimited plan so good for someone who doesn't need the unlimited plan.

The alcohol package is a great bargain for a couple who plans on drinking a great deal every day. Also not a bad deal for the occupants who wants a couple alcoholic beverages and fountain sodas per day as its still a small savings.

All the mainstream lines offer similar packages and perks. The main difference with NCL UBP perk is that it costs more and includes only alcoholic beverages and fountain soda. The other lines include speciality coffees and such.

If you are booked in a suite the fees associated with perks are covered.