Adding to a reservation

Superdottie

We're looking at a cruise for next March, but not sure if both kids will be able to go. Regardless if we're 3 or 4, we'd likely book the same room.

Can I add or remove people from a reservation? If yes is there a point I can't make changes to the number in the cabin?

We're looking at a cruise for next March, but not sure if both kids will be able to go. Regardless if we're 3 or 4, we'd likely book the same room.

Can I add or remove people from a reservation? If yes is there a point I can't make changes to the number in the cabin?

It's best to go ahead and make the reservation for 4. It's more difficult to add a person later than to remove one.

Up until the Paid in Full date, you'll get back any monies you've paid for a person that you remove.

Not sure what the procedure is if you wish to remove one person after the PIF date.

Up to the penalty date, you can remove a person at will with no loss of funds. After the penalty date, the policy is as if you canceled that person's reservation--initially you would lose their deposit; the loss would increase as the cruise date neared. You can also do a name change on the reservation at no charge until 31 days before embarkation. At 30 days, there is a fee imposed.

You can also add a person later provided that there is room in the cabin, room at the muster station, and (if a minor) room in the appropriate age kid program. Muster stations DO fill even though there may be space in your cabin. In general, you are wiser to book for the child now and pull them off the reservation before the penalty date if they are unable to go.