Drinks Packages

Hi folks...First time cruising and I was referred to here for this question. 7 of us on an 11 night cruise, 2 adults and 5 kids (eldest at travel 17). My wife and I are not huge drinkers. Is it worth us getting a package or just pay as you go? Also can you do packages day by day or does it have to be for the full duration. We are with RCI, Voyager of the Seas 😊 Can't wait but just would like to know a few more things 😊 Thanks - Todd

Hi folks...First time cruising and I was referred to here for this question. 7 of us on an 11 night cruise, 2 adults and 5 kids (eldest at travel 17). My wife and I are not huge drinkers. Is it worth us getting a package or just pay as you go? Also can you do packages day by day or does it have to be for the full duration. We are with RCI, Voyager of the Seas 😊 Can't wait but just would like to know a few more things 😊 Thanks - Todd

If you post the drinks you would average daily, we can tell you if the package would make economic sense.

Lets see, I am assuming you and your wife, with 5 kids! Are you all in the same stateroom? No question, get the Premium Drink Package for the full 11 days for both of you and stay out of the stateroom and drink! You may have a great cruise! I hope so! Bon Voyage!

If you only drink 1-3 drinks a day, I wouldn't get a package....ships water is safe to drink and they have iced tea and lemonade available for free....coffee and hot tea is also free unless you want a specialty coffee or other specialty drink..... We have a 10 day coming up in two weeks...hubby is getting the premium package, he can easily drink 5 alcoholic drinks while on vacation (outside of vaca he hardly drinks so he lets go while on vacation)... And I am just going to buy my drinks as I go...I may have several drinks on sea days but not drink at all on port days.... For an 11 day cruise and a drink package for both adults your looking at over $1000!

My husband talked me into the premium drink package. I totally did not think I would use it. That said, once I had already paid for it I took full advantage and had so many good drinks whenever I wanted to. At no point did I over drink. You can stagger out your drinks throughout the day and have fun with different types. I didn't have to worry about the cost after it was paid for.

For port heavy cruises I'm onshore most of the day so not worth it to me to buy the beverage package. For a cruise with lots of sea days I like the premium package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are going on our first RCCL cruise in June, on the Oasis.

I bit the bullet and purchased the Premium Drink Package for DH and I.

I bought the Royal Replenishment for DH.

It's paid for, and out of the way.

Our tab at the end of our Carnival cruises was averaging about $1200.

80% of that was drinks.:eek::eek:

When we go on vacation, we like to let go.:D:D:o

It depends on what you like to drink and where you're going. I've only done 1 recent RC cruise and I got the Royal Replenish. I think it was $19 a day and it was basically any non alcoholic drinks. It was the Caribbean in the summer so I got non alcoholic frozen drinks since it was hot but it also included was pop, fresh squeezed oj and bottled water. I loved the fresh oj and stockpiled bottles of water for excursion and to keep in the fridge for whenever so it was worth it to me. DH got the beer package and he definitely drank enough to make it worth it. You don't have to all get the same package like on some other cruise lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I just bought the Premium package for my 9 day New England cruise. I know there are a good number of port days, but I start my day with a mimosa and normally have two glasses of wine with dinner and usually, even on a port day manage to get in at least one champagne cocktail either before or after dinner. On ship days, I make up for port days. Mimosas while reading in the solarium. Aaaaahhhhh..... Pure heaven! And the ability to stock up on bottled water is great!

We've never bought the drink package, we don't drink sodas and the coffee, tea, lemonade & water that are available free is fine for us. We do buy the wine package to have a bottle with dinner, and an occasional mixed drink or tasting event, but we don't spend enough on drinks to make the package a bargain.