Suite Guests - Embarkation Lunch?

Looking for some experienced advice please! Having cruised 30 times previously we have booked our first suite experience, on Ovation of the Seas sailing 17th April from Southampton. We have a Royal Family Suite.

We know that, on many cruiselines, there is an option other than the windjammer or equivalent buffet style cafe for lunch. My question is, will Coastal Kitchen be available for lunch on boarding day or are there any other options for suite guests?

Also, our 1 year old grandson and his parents are with us in the Suite. What is the attitude to toddlers dining in CK (particularly evening dining), is that best avoided? I guess we can find a way for them and us to watch him whilst the others dine in the evening.

Thanks in advance for your response.

The Coastal Kitchen was open for lunch when my daughter and I sailed on the Anthem out of Southampton last fall. I have heard that isn't the case on other ships. It sure made for a very pleasant first day experience!

Only you know how your grandson behaves. How does he do in a nice restaurant at home? Our grandson at that age would eat and quietly amuse himself so could be taken anywhere. Our granddaughter OTOH could not. It was strictly McDonalds for her until she was almost school age. She would never have been tolerated in CC nor would we have inflicted her on others. She's almost 20 now and has outgrown her behavior fortunately, lol.

Only you know how your grandson behaves. How does he do in a nice restaurant at home? Our grandson at that age would eat and quietly amuse himself so could be taken anywhere. Our granddaughter OTOH could not. It was strictly McDonalds for her until she was almost school age. She would never have been tolerated in CC nor would we have inflicted her on others. She's almost 20 now and has outgrown her behavior fortunately, lol.

OK, thanks for the helpful response. Looks like there is no restriction, and we can all eat together which is great. Much appreciated.:)