Glory Dining/Sunsets

DebbieMo

I love sunrise/sunsets and since we have early dining I will probably be missing sunsets [emoji20]. Can anyone recommend tables (13 guests) or table location where I could still possibly catch the sunset? Also how do you know which dining room you will be assigned? Will I get this info before sailing or once on board?

Oh and I've been wondering...when leaving Miami are we sailing into sunset or will it be to our back, side etc? I'm thinking we are sailing towards it but prefer to hear from someone who knows for sure.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You can't request tables unless you have ATD dining and they don't have any that hold 13 that I know of so you will probably be seated at 2 tables that are close together. Make sure your bookings are linked if you have Traditional dining.

Your dining room and table number will be printed on your S&S card.

As far as where the sunset will be will depend on which direction you're going. I'm always in the Platinum (Aft) Dining room, but never really paid attention to the actual sunset leaving from Miami. It's light and then it's not so light. When it's in the winter time, it's dark. I did get some nice pics while eating dinner while departing Norfolk in the Chesapeake Bay.

Are you doing eastern or western?

The aft platinum dining room is for assigned dinning times while the golden is for atd.

Eastern. From the info I've found both dining rooms do assigned times but only golden fwd does anytime.

You can't request tables unless you have ATD dining and they don't have any that hold 13 that I know of so you will probably be seated at 2 tables that are close together. Make sure your bookings are linked if you have Traditional dining.

Your dining room and table number will be printed on your S&S card.

As far as where the sunset will be will depend on which direction you're going. I'm always in the Platinum (Aft) Dining room, but never really paid attention to the actual sunset leaving from Miami. It's light and then it's not so light. When it's in the winter time, it's dark. I did get some nice pics while eating dinner while departing Norfolk in the Chesapeake Bay.

If I had a general location of where I wanted to be couldn't I email the maitre d' and request it or go to the dining room on embarkation day to ask?

Our ports are HMC, St. Thomas, San Juan & Grand Turk.

General area will be in the MDR. Trouble is there are only a few areas that'll accommodate seating for large groups.

Sunset can be seen if you're seated facing a window from any table. Many times the curtains are closed because the light is shining (and hurting) directly into pax eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

General area will be in the MDR. Trouble is there are only a few areas that'll accommodate seating for large groups.

Sunset can be seen if you're seated facing a window from any table. Many times the curtains are closed because the light is shining (and hurting) directly into pax eyes.

This pretty much sums it up.

Just relax and try not to plan too much. You can always get up and look out the window.

Sunset in June in Miami isn't until after 8 o'clock so you'll probably be done eating by then, at least on the first night. If not, you could probably catch it before the dessert course. Seems like there's lots of waiting between courses.

One thing for sure - if you're sailing east, the sunset will be behind you. :)

Edited by CruisinCrow

Sunset in June in Miami isn't until after 8 o'clock so you'll probably be done eating by then, at least on the first night. If not, you could probably catch it before the dessert course. Seems like there's lots of waiting between courses.

One thing for sure - if you're sailing east, the sunset will be behind you. :)

It should be later sunsets so hopefully I could just catch it after dinner. Preparing myself to miss a night or 2 in MDR if needed though.

And thanks [emoji4].

I love sunrise/sunsets and since we have early dining I will probably be missing sunsets [emoji20]. Can anyone recommend tables (13 guests) or table location where I could still possibly catch the sunset? Also how do you know which dining room you will be assigned? Will I get this info before sailing or once on board?

Oh and I've been wondering...when leaving Miami are we sailing into sunset or will it be to our back, side etc? I'm thinking we are sailing towards it but prefer to hear from someone who knows for sure.

Thanks!

We used to be smart and ask for tables of eight because we knew at the time they were the window tables.

But during most sunsets, they would close the drapes for the sun being in someone's eye. And then by the time you got them to open them back up again it was dark.