Short day in St. Thomas

CJDepew

Our cruise isn't until next February but I like to do my homework ahead of time. On the NCL Epic and it looks like our port hours are 7a-2p. Would love to hit a beach rather than do a tour. A resort day-pass is useless since they don't open until 10 or later (already checked). Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Our cruise isn't until next February but I like to do my homework ahead of time. On the NCL Epic and it looks like our port hours are 7a-2p. Would love to hit a beach rather than do a tour. A resort day-pass is useless since they don't open until 10 or later (already checked). Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

For a beach day what experience do you want? Lively & busy vibe? Less busy with shade, amenities, and nice island views? Secluded beach with few if any other cruisers but need a taxi to return?

Edited by blue_water

Have you considered an excursion offered through the ship. At least you'll know, it would get you back on time.

LuLu

Thanks for that idea. Right now they're not displaying excursions that far out but hopefully they'll offer similar ones to what is available now because one of those would work. Haven't done an excursion through the ship before but there's a first time for everything! :D

People who miss the ship are usually having such a good time they lose track of time. Even on some ship excursions you will get left behind if you are not at the designated departure point in a timely manner.

The taxi drivers know all the ship schedules and they sweep the popular areas giving notice that it's time to start heading back to the ship. They can't make people leave, however.

The closest beaches to the cruise docks are Emerald Beach and Morningstar. Both have resorts with all amenities. You can have a nice beach day if you get off the ship early.

People who miss the ship are usually having such a good time they lose track of time. Even on some ship excursions you will get left behind if you are not at the designated departure point in a timely manner.

The taxi drivers know all the ship schedules and they sweep the popular areas giving notice that it's time to start heading back to the ship. They can't make people leave, however.

The closest beaches to the cruise docks are Emerald Beach and Morningstar. Both have resorts with all amenities. You can have a nice beach day if you get off the ship early.

Thank you. I'll look into those. It's a shame we're leaving so darn early.