Need specific info on QE deck plan

quandrea

Hi fellow Cunarders. I have a question about staterooms 1049 and 1043 on the Queen Elizabeth. They are category GC, deluxe insides. They are right next to one another, but are separated by what appears to be a hallway or passageway of some sort. Can someone who knows the ship well tell me exactly what that white space is on the deck plan? I'd like to book those two cabins, but if the passageway/hallway separates them by a great distance, I will not. Thank you.

Hi fellow Cunarders. I have a question about staterooms 1049 and 1043 on the Queen Elizabeth. They are category GC, deluxe insides. They are right next to one another, but are separated by what appears to be a hallway or passageway of some sort. Can someone who knows the ship well tell me exactly what that white space is on the deck plan? I'd like to book those two cabins, but if the passageway/hallway separates them by a great distance, I will not. Thank you.

You will almost certainly find that the "white space" on the deck plan contains machinery of some kind or another - possibly an ice machine. Here's a link to a question I answered about two similarly placed cabins on QV a couple of years ago. I think much of that reply probably applies here as well.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showpost.php?p=43307494&postcount=45

J

These cabins might be affected by noise from the Queen's Room. There is a bulkhead running across the ship between 1040 and 1042. On this year's New Year cruise on QV there was a distinct reduction in noise as we passed this point (going towards the bow).

DJ

That is most likely either a storage locker for the cleaning carts and linens, or a cabin steward pantry, which has an ice machine and glasswasher in it.

Thanks to everyone. Cunard told me it was a linen closet, not a passage way. I've booked them regardless. I wanted two side by side insides. I'll cope with whatever inconveniences those staterooms may bring. You've all been so helpful.