Which type of balcony room for the fjords?

ajs77

Only people that don't book balconies say that :)

Strange you should assume that: Eastern Med '14 - balcony; Norway '15 - OceanView; Adriatic '16 - balcony. All depends on the likely climactic conditions.

Stuart

We decided to book port side in the end....Looking at the Fjords on google it should mean generally we get early morning sun going into the Fjord and late afternoon sun coming out...That is if it isn't cloudy, raining, the mountains in the way....I'll report back post cruise if it works!!

I do feel the cold....When we cruised in Alaska I got wrapped up on our balcony sun bed, covered in blankets, hat and gloves on and enjoyed every minute! Jug of coffee.....Plan on doing the same on Eclipse! May even take a hot water bottle, kettle in room, no luggage restrictions for us cruising from Southampton!

We also plan on booking Tuscan Grill a few evenings should be some nice evening viewing from there!

I love your idea regarding the Tuscan Grill; I just hope the food has improved to get my DH to book it! Thanks!!!

We always travel in Aqua with the overhang as we don't like to be out in the sun. If you do this you should be aware that the fjords can be so narrow in places that you don't see the tops of the mountains or waterfalls from the balcony.

Early morning on deck is good if you get there before all the people, but it can be a little cool.

We did the Fjords in Aqua and we were able to avoid the overhang by choosing one of the A2 forward cabins. We were in 1517 and really enjoyed the location and the unobstructed view.

We always travel in Aqua with the overhang as we don't like to be out in the sun. If you do this you should be aware that the fjords can be so narrow in places that you don't see the tops of the mountains or waterfalls from the balcony.

Early morning on deck is good if you get there before all the people, but it can be a little cool.

This is a great piece of advice. Thank you.

We did the Fjords in Aqua and we were able to avoid the overhang by choosing one of the A2 forward cabins. We were in 1517 and really enjoyed the location and the unobstructed view.

We did the same and also enjoyed sitting in the relaxation room at the front of the ship just a few steps from our cabin if it was too cold on the balcony or out on deck.

We did the same and also enjoyed sitting in the relaxation room at the front of the ship just a few steps from our cabin if it was too cold on the balcony or out on deck.

Good idea! While of course it's nice be on the open deck for the panorama view, but hours of that when it's potentially cold, windy, etc? That's when the balcony comes in very handy as many of them are covered, you have a chair, you can step in/out and not lose your spot, etc.

That's when the balcony comes in very handy as many of them are covered, you have a chair, you can step in/out and not lose your spot, etc.

That's what we did.

Ask your room steward for extra blankets to bundle up. Our was happy to oblige.

Edited by sippican