I miss the original Princess Cays

blueseas4me2

That's really interesting. I'm sitting here with a friend who is about to go on her first Princess cruise. However, she did a Regent Rainbow cruise back in the day. Does that mean she's actually a repeat passenger? I think a phone call to Princess might be in order. I wonder if they would still give credit if she can cough up some kind of proof of the trip. Hmmmmm.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Save you time. They'll give her no credit for it.

That's really interesting. I'm sitting here with a friend who is about to go on her first Princess cruise. However, she did a Regent Rainbow cruise back in the day. Does that mean she's actually a repeat passenger? I think a phone call to Princess might be in order. I wonder if they would still give credit if she can cough up some kind of proof of the trip. Hmmmmm.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I don't think she could get Princess to give her credit at this point, but she might find that she is already in the Princess system as having one cruise.

Our credit for the Regency cruises were put under the Princess brands when P & O owned Princess. However, our Princess History only shows the Sitmar cruises and 3 non-cruise line specific cruises as our cruising history.

We identified the Regency cruises by the cruise dates and the date P&O entered the cruises into their system. There is also the fact that P & O took over Regency's private beach and turned it into Princess Cay.

That leaves us with one non-specific cruise that P & O had entered for us. We have a theory about which cruise line it might have been as all the other cruise lines that we have been on and that have morphed into a different brand/corporation can easily be traced (such as Chandris into Celebrity).

In any case, we are not questioning the unknown cruise as Princess had us as Platinum on our first Princess cruise. We were very surprised when our travel agent told us that we were platinum and we had him get the cruise history for us.

It did confuse the ship's staff when they welcomed us back as repeat cruisers and we told them we were on our first Princess cruise.