??Wyndham-Fort Lauderdale Airport

bobbetty

On priceline while trying too book a 2 star
Airport zone hopping to get LaQuinta inn for a $55 bid i got the 3 star Wyndham, for Jan.14th & 15th ,2005 before 16th cruise on Star.
Would like any comments on this hotel good or bad.Does it offer shuttle to cruise port?

We are staying there on our way to Puerto Rico and it does offer shuttle from airport. You can go to Wyndams web site and sign up for their reward program or email them. I emailed them with a question and received a prompt answer.

Judy

Cruisin in July on the Golden Princess

Stayed only one night prior to our spring break cruise this year. Okay for the short time -- remember, you are going on a CRUISE. No continental breakfast included; $10 for breakfast buffet (we were there on a Sunday). If you were wanting a La Quinta, which isn't anything remarkable, you will be okay with Wyndham. It wasn't near any shops that I can remember. Free 24 hour airport shuttle. Took cabs to cruise port. Anything extra you spend on breakfast or cabs is well made up for in the $55 price you received. Buon viaggio!
J

bobbetty,

heyjude pretty much summed it up. The $10 for the buffet was not worth it for me, but they would make you omellettes, I just don't like eggs.

The shuttle from the airport can be a little slow coming around, and was almost full when it got to us, we got the last two seats.

There is an independent shuttle that goes to the cruise terminal, but there are no reservations, and the guy said to call, then asked what time, then said "ya, I'll be starting around then (10:30 AM), just come down."

Additionally, be careful with breakables. Some people that rode in a van with us took a case of wine. The driver dropped it on the ground when we got there, and broke almost half of them. :-( It was an accident, but it still can't have been too fun for the other folks.

There is nothing around to walk to, but the hotel shuttle took us to dinner. They never gave us a price, so we just tipped them a few dollars.

-Jake

Caribbean Princess - 4/17/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;4;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
<center>
<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/logos/time98.gif[/img]</center>

I think the Wyndham is fine if you're coming in town late in the day the night before your cruise sailing out of Port Everglades. We'll stay there before our
June cruise just for that reason- close to the port.

Otherwise I'd sure be staying by the beach along A1A where all the (to me) action is.

Happy Cruising

Chris

[url="http://www.LifeIsCruising.com"]www.LifeIsCruising.com[/url]

Next up:
Caribbean Princess 06/26/04
Star Princess 10/24/04
Diamond Princess 12/22/04
Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

Just booked this hotel too off Priceline for 9/2-3 for $45...am pretty thrilled! Free airport shuttle and they said shuttle to port is only $8...we can make up the difference in meal costs...looks nice on their website...never been disappointed with Priceline 3* hotels yet! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Cunard Princess 1983
Royal Princess 1985
Dawn Princess 1990
Carnival Fantasy 1993
Epirotiki Odysseus 1995
Carnival Ecstasy 1998
Sun Princess 12/1999
Renaissance 12/2000
Carnival Ecstasy 8/2001
Carnival Spirit 12/2001
Grandeur of the Seas 6/2002
Celebrity Infinity 8/29/2002
Carnival Triumph 6/14/03
Grand Princess 1/11/04

Okay, I just want to make you feel really really good about your Priceline booking. We stayed post cruise for one night at Hyatt Pier 66 for $80 -- a Sunday night during spring break madness. Very pleased with the price. Arrival was another matter -- couldn't find a thing on Priceline for the one night pre-cruise and three of us were looking. Just before settling for 140 per night -- most affordable we could find, we booked the Wyndham through Priceline for $95. Now that should make your day. Spring break will always be spring break.
Buon Viaggio!
J

Archived