Would it be too much togetherness??

Justtiege

If you were traveling with your cousin and her bubby, would you want your cabins next door to each other or down the hall a bit?

My cousin and I booked a cruise recently and decided to have our cabins next door to each other. I changed my mind a few days later and had my cabin moved down the hall because of privacy concerns. Everyone I know is urging me to move our cabin back. It will cost nothing extra but I'm concerned with 7 days of togetherness. Has anyone experienced with traveling with family and had too much togetherness?

We're doing 7-day R/T Alaska in June with three cabins next door and one 8 steps away inside. The inside people added last and had the choice of totally obstructed OV under the galley or inside under upcharge restaurant 4 steps from the Promenade door and inside was what they chose.

I'm not telling you what to do -- just saying we're totally happy to be right next door or very close across the hall.

I'm not clear is "next door" is also connecting, which might make a difference.

In your shoes, having actually MOVED your cabin -- the damage is done. Maybe you can rebuilt the bridge by moving back, claim you just wanted to give THEM the privacy.

In truth SOMEONE is apt to be in that room. There is no true privacy; the walls are not as thin as most motels, however. But you acknowledge it's just a few steps; a few steps more or less is not going to "buy" you anything. I say move back!

I would like to be next door. Just easier when doing things together.

why? its not like you can hang in the cabin all together. You meet at a public place and hang out in places like that.

For dinner- we meet up at the table.

Edited by serene56

• 4 weeks later...

We have 2 cruises booked currently with multiple family-friends and cabins. We are all beside and/or across the hall from each other, but that's just our family bond. We travel as a group to port and travel home together and have always had cabins beside each other and have never had issues on any prior cruises. I guess it just depends on your family bonds. I love mine and don't mind being around them. If I didn't want to be with them I wouldn't ask them to book on the cruise I'm going. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have traveled for 20 years with my hubby's cousin. We like it and if you basically get along the location of the room does not matter. If you get on each others nerves -- then a little room probably would help some BUT NOT enough. From the get go, agree that you meet up somewhere else. Cabins are really too small to sit together and enjoy each other -- close enough in cars and busses for shore excursions. You really have to work hard to get rooms together so if you don't want to just say you got a deal on the cabin a bit down-- if asked or pressured -- it could be true. We always just phone and say -- meet you at elevator or at ---- wherever. It does help to be on same floor but even that doesn't matter much Sometimes if we both have balconies we have one port and one starboard -- then if scenery is better one side or the other we have it covered! The people you travel with make or break the trip! Choose carefully. If you have doubts, start off not sharing every moment. You can choose to do more together. If you start off like Siamese twins -- then it is hard to get a little distance later. Good Travels.