Just Off October 5th Coral Princess Cruise

nitterm

What can I say another great cruise on a great ship! This particular cruise has become our favorite ship/cruise. Second time in two years. You cant help but feel so comfortable on the cruise. Everything was perfect. Cant really say we saw everything Princess said was going to be available in mini-suites and suites (we were in D318 a mini-suite) except for plush towels. But it didnt matter. Perfect weather and perfect sea's made for a very very nice time!

Biggest hint is enjoy yourself because the ship, crew and ports have many good things to offer. Cant comment on spa use didnt participate however did take advantage of pedicure at Limon, Costa Rica at the outside shops near the pier. For $15 and $10 tip my feet have never felt better! As far as food honestly I think the pizza on the pool deck is some of the best I've tasted. Had 6 slices whenever I would stop by. Dining room food is generally good, a couple of things I would bother ordering again. Took tours in Ocho Rios (the Dunns River Falls cruise and beach time at Mahagony Beach), the boat tour at Panama Canal, 4 hour tour of Limon and SNUBA in Cozumel.

Don't want to take away from Nitterm's thread, but I was also on this sailing and can maybe answer a couple of questions.

The Lotus Spa was wonderful - we booked the Thermal Suite for the sailing, as well as the Couple's Rasul. The Thermal Suite was really relaxing, and cost $109/couple. We only wish we had made the time to use it more!

Did organized excursions in every port except Cozumel, and thought all tour operators were very professional and excellent at what they did.

The dining room food was pretty good, although every night I ordered from the "always available" menu as none of the daily specials appealed to me.

I will soon be posting another thread on my experience with this cruise. Glad you had a great time, Nitterm - sorry we didn't get to meet!

Carla

No SNUBA does not require you to be a strong swimmer. We did all excursions from Princess and as CMM80124 said all tours were very professionally handled and quite nice. Dining room food was OK we did most of our meals in Horizon Court or italian rest.

tell me more about the massage for couples on the Coral--do they give you 2 therapists and a room to use for your self after the massage--or is it simply a massage and thats it --

Relax...oh you mean just read a book on the balcony with a drink in hand in between all of the other stuff. ;) The DH and I are over 1/2 century (I only admit to 38) and we try to pack in all we can! LOL We have picked some of the things to do but the DH and I try to do something really on the adventure side each trip to give the kids and grandkids a shock! We love paying them back for all of gray hairs!:)

To answer markf's question about the couple's massage...

I think there actually may be a "couple's massage" offered, in which you lay side by side on two tables and have two therapists in the room.

The Couple's Rasul is different...I think it was $83 for an hour...You are led to a large tiled room with a bench, sink, open air shower, and steam room. They give you a tub of body scrub, two different mud masks (one for face, one for body), massage oil, and different lotions. They recommend that you shower first, then use the muds on yourself or on each other, and afterwards sit in the steam room for 20 minutes. The room is yours for an hour, though, so you can pretty much do whatever you want.

As an afterthought, the steam is entirely adjustable, but be careful, because it can get really hot, really fast! The shower had a lot of pressure, and was really relaxing!

Any more questions, just ask!

Carla

Archived