Charleston HELP

misshfitz

We are leaving in a week on the Ecstasy. We are considering taking the NASH express bus from the airport to downtown Charleston and then taking the DASH trolley to the cruise port. I can not find any info ANYWHERE if it is possible to WALK up to the port. On maps I don't see a walk in entrance anywhere.

Does anyone who has been through this port know where we could enter the port on foot to drop off our luggage and take the shuttle to the terminal?

P.S. We are considering this option of transport because we won't have a rental and shuttle quoted us $200 roundtrip. Worried that if we taxi we will run into extra charges for waiting in line.

We are leaving in a week on the Ecstasy. We are considering taking the NASH express bus from the airport to downtown Charleston and then taking the DASH trolley to the cruise port. I can not find any info ANYWHERE if it is possible to WALK up to the port. On maps I don't see a walk in entrance anywhere.

Does anyone who has been through this port know where we could enter the port on foot to drop off our luggage and take the shuttle to the terminal?

P.S. We are considering this option of transport because we won't have a rental and shuttle quoted us $200 roundtrip. Worried that if we taxi we will run into extra charges for waiting in line.

There is a walk up tent at the parking lot at the end of Market Street where they should take your luggage and also shuttle you the block to the terminal.

Did you go to the CARTA web site to see the schedules of the bus routes and stops?

The taxis and hotel shuttles have a separate port entrance than the general public who's parking so it's not that long a wait as you might expect. If so, you can always get out and pay the cabbie then walk your luggage the few feet to the porters. :-)

Thanks for the info! We did look at the schedules. That is good to know about the cab line, we may just cab it if we won't have to wait as long as we thought.

We were just in Charleston a few months ago. I have the name of a taxi cab driver who will give you a flat fee. We got his info from Hampton Inn and used him twice. Very prompt. If you want the number, let me know & I'll look around.

We were just in Charleston a few months ago. I have the name of a taxi cab driver who will give you a flat fee. We got his info from Hampton Inn and used him twice. Very prompt. If you want the number, let me know & I'll look around.

I would like the number if you can find it.

Also another question. This will be our first time cruising from Charleston. I know in Miami for example the scanner for luggage is plenty large enough for you to carry on your (check size) suitcase. Although I'm not sure this is advertised. I can't find any if the scanner is the same size in Charleston.

PS. Don't want to start a debate on carrying vs. checking luggage.

Also another question. This will be our first time cruising from Charleston. I know in Miami for example the scanner for luggage is plenty large enough for you to carry on your (check size) suitcase. Although I'm not sure this is advertised. I can't find any if the scanner is the same size in Charleston.

If my memory serves correctly, since it's been a couple of years since I embarked from Charleston, I don't believe the BIG bags will fit through the scanner. However I'm sure they'd be happy to hand inspect your luggage while you hold up the line. :D

If my memory serves correctly, since it's been a couple of years since I embarked from Charleston, I don't believe the BIG bags will fit through the scanner. However I'm sure they'd be happy to hand inspect your luggage while you hold up the line. :D

No thanks. Not into making a scene.

His cell is 843 371 6961

His name is Zan.

He is w/ M&A Trans. Their # 843 860 5021

We called Zan while we were going through customs on our way out and he was there w/in 5 min. He has lived there most of his life and knows the area well.

The scanners are the same size as the scanners used by TSA at airports. We have never had a problem getting our "carry on" size bags through and there has never been a limit on how many we could bring through.