First Time Cruiser...Liberty of the Seas Trip Report...

I'm the loser in our group and never did any of these.

FLOW RIDER

My husband and kids did all. The flow rider was especially popular with one of my daughters and my husband. They went at least once daily. Never long lines. The people working the lines were helpful. I debated doing a private or group lesson to ensure they had time but thought I'd wait and see. Glad I did as I saved some money. Great time.

SLIDES

They did these several times and had a blast. They all preferred one of them...can't remember which. I'll ask. But again never a long line.

Glad to hear the Flowrider lines got better the following week. It was brutal the week before.

I'm sure they preferred the green slide. It's faster, and has cool lights. The orange slide is slow with no lights. It's like they ran out of money right after they finished the green slide.

Edited by mil76

Thank you for a great review, we are going on our 2nd family cruise this July & are now at the planning stage & your review has been a fantastic read with some new ideas for us - hubby loved the post-it note messaging. Glad you enjoyed your cruise & I hope you manage to change your husband's mind about going again!

Thanks guys! it's fun reliving the trip!

I would have booked again for sure if oldest wasn't 17 and will be 18 next year.

lol mil76! they probably did run out of money. sorry to hear lines were brutal week before. I think it was more crowded in general week before. We have 2 weeks for spring break so got lucky.

We are in a family panoramic stateroom on Freedom leaving Sunday. I am nervous about the movement now! Did the Bonine help quite a bit? Was the room still worth it even with the movement? I too am prone to sea sickness. Thank you for the wonderful review and pictures! I am still very excited!

We are in a family panoramic stateroom on Freedom leaving Sunday. I am nervous about the movement now! Did the Bonine help quite a bit? Was the room still worth it even with the movement? I too am prone to sea sickness. Thank you for the wonderful review and pictures! I am still very excited!

I didn't feel seasick after day 2 got used to that movement. The shaking feeling was annoying. The last night especially. Think mild jackhammer. Hopefully it was just an issue with our cruise and not normal because I never heard anyone complain of this only 'seasickness' normal motion movement. It was most apparent in the master bed.

Except for the last night it wasn't annoying enough to give up the amazing room. We were all in love with it.

But please take bonine. Start the night before and then every am and bedtime for duration. One of my kids did the 2x per day with me the other 2 only at night. My kids are all older [13 and up] so check with your doctor. I buy ginger yummys at trader joe's. Grab a few bags. they are good too and settle the tummy in case.

26346431101_9642633e6c.jpg

I'm jealous. Have fun!

I promised to post the teen compasses later today. I have both 12-14 and 15-17.

I donated my scanner by accident so I will have to take pictures and post. Sorry about the quality.... I zoomed in for each day

Teen 12-14 Days 1-5

26320450442_ff2af9b476_z.jpg

26320450532_1e52af9eeb.jpg

26346617101_43c1feb192_z.jpg

26140045880_496f35aa8a_z.jpg

26386859826_0d3e7d8b16_z.jpg

25807945614_2550026612_z.jpg

Edited by TnTWalter

Thanks for sharing the planner, looks helpful pre-cruise too!

you are very welcome. I had asked but no one posted for this itinerary. That plus teen compasses would have been great for planning my time dining. We were able to move times around on board though so all good.

We were on the same cruise and had 2 balcony rooms on deck 12. We had the same weird vibration. Definitely got worse as the week went on. More of an annoyance than a problem I guess.

I hope they can fix it.

Thank you for the review. I also have a family of 5. My oldest will turn 12 a week before our cruise, so thank you so much for the Teen Compasses. We are nervous about her being in the teen club instead of the kids club this time. This will help her know what to expect.

Thank you for your review. I too have a family of 5 and that extra person makes traveling sooooo much more expensive.

I agree! 5 here too! Have you ever tried adjoining rooms? We do that a lot. It's always a bummer when the 3rd and 4th sail free or reduced because they never have 5 person rooms!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Glad i could help w compasses

Re adjoining cabins. I originally had 2 inside. This room was $100 more i think.

Another peeve about family of 5....you can't do any pricing online. So it's hard to check for price drops or availability of special cabins. I hate having to call. Lol.

since my oldest will age out of the teen club, I'm thinking maybe an all inclusive? that has daily activities like volleyball, etc. I don't know. it was our first time and I wish we had started sooner. Ha ha. I want to go back.

My hubby really had issues with the port day crowds...

Glad i could help w compasses

Re adjoining cabins. I originally had 2 inside. This room was $100 more i think.

Another peeve about family of 5....you can't do any pricing online. So it's hard to check for price drops or availability of special cabins. I hate having to call. Lol.

I do too!! Ugh! Thank you for the teen compasses too. My son is 12 so it will be his first time able to do the "teen" club!

since my oldest will age out of the teen club, I'm thinking maybe an all inclusive? that has daily activities like volleyball, etc. I don't know. it was our first time and I wish we had started sooner. Ha ha. I want to go back.

My hubby really had issues with the port day crowds...

We have done both. My kids are 12, 10, and 7. Honestly, we thoroughly enjoyed the all-inclusive and our cruises. All the lines are different. We've done Carnival and NCL. This will be our first RC. Each ship is different so you may find things you like on the different lines. We did one cruise where we liked the ship so much that we stayed on it on each of the 3 port days! My husband got off to check out liquor prices but, kids and myself stayed on! No crowds at all!