Renovation to Colman Dock in Seattle

For those coming to lovely Seattle in 2017, there is going to be a MAJOR renovation to Colman Dock (Pier 52), the Washington State Ferry terminal. Construction is slated to begin the summer of 2017 and take 5 years to complete. Here's the WSDOT page about the project: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/ferries/colmanmultimodalterminal/

It shouldn't affect cruises leaving from Pier 91 (Smith Cove Terminal), but may affect traffic around Pier 66 (Bell Street Terminal) - where Norwegian and Oceania dock. It's about 3/4 of a mile from Pier 52 to Pier 66.

And of course, it'll make hopping a WA State ferry a bit more difficult as traffic will be re-routed and parking may be limited at times. I'm sure the powers-that-be have taken all that into consideration, but I'd still count on giving yourself some extra time to make it to your cruise ship.

Just something to throw into your cruise planning :)

For those coming to lovely Seattle in 2017, there is going to be a MAJOR renovation to Colman Dock (Pier 52), the Washington State Ferry terminal. Construction is slated to begin the summer of 2017 and take 5 years to complete. Here's the WSDOT page about the project: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/ferries/colmanmultimodalterminal/

It shouldn't affect cruises leaving from Pier 91 (Smith Cove Terminal), but may affect traffic around Pier 66 (Bell Street Terminal) - where Norwegian and Oceania dock. It's about 3/4 of a mile from Pier 52 to Pier 66.

And of course, it'll make hopping a WA State ferry a bit more difficult as traffic will be re-routed and parking may be limited at times. I'm sure the powers-that-be have taken all that into consideration, but I'd still count on giving yourself some extra time to make it to your cruise ship.

Just something to throw into your cruise planning :)

Also consider the highway 99 (Seattle's big dig) and seawall projects are impacting traffic along the waterfront as well.

• 2 months later...