NCL's excursion to Cinque Terre

Laura44

Has anyone taken Epic's excursion to Cinque Terre? We would like to visit Cinque Terre on our stop in Livorno. We looked into private tours - possibly through Italy Tour Sharing. My favorite tour I found was a private tour by boat that included time for snorkling or swimming, but we would have to get to La Spezia or Montorosso and getting there on our own from Livorno would require dealing with the trains or paying for a taxi that would cost almost as much as the tour from the boat!

Does anyone have any insight into NCL's tour and whether it was a good tour? our the toursharing tour? We have 2 kids (8 and 10) who are up for the journey!

Thanks!

Laura

We took the tour to Cinque Terre several years ago, and thought it was fantastic.

Bus tour to the area, then walking through one of the villages, down to the boat dock. Boat out to sea for a bit, so you can see the five villages and how they're so close, but due to the mountain - basically were severed from each other, then I "think" we took the train between two of them.

I remember walking along a raised walkway, and being AT a train station....I just don't remember if we rode the train.

But we enjoyed the NCL excursion, assuming it's still the same one.

Stephen

We enjoyed the tour very much. There is a lot of walking on uneven ground. And a couple of trips on water shuttles between the 5 villages,,,, boarding from rocky shores onto boats that were moving in the choppy water. Fantastic views and time to shop and eat.

I went to cinque terre on private tour. I used and am using italytoursharing again in June. I can tell u I went to cinque terre with italytoursharing and a couple people I met used ncl tour and they were not impressed. They just felt there was not enough time because there were so many people. Sorry I can't remember the details. ... I think they said they didn't get to see that much. This was in July and there were a ton of people in the unique towns. The good thing about going private is u beat a lot of the crowds. Be aware though if ur going in summer it is very busy but in my opinion a must see[emoji3]

We did the NCL excursion in 2011. We enjoyed it very much and thought it gave a good taste of the area. We had the most free time in Monterosso which was where we had a nice lunch. The scenery is magnificent and there are plenty of shops and restaurants to enjoy. We were actually there just a few weeks before the big mudslide that caused so much damage. We were lucky to have taken the Via Del Amore walk between Riomaggiore and Manarola. It has never reopened after the storm in 2011. [emoji17]

We are actually spending two weeks in Italy this fall divided between the Tuscan region and the Amalfi Coast area. One of the day trips we are taking from our apartment in Lucca is back to the Cinque Terre. We plan to make it a full day so hopefully can spend more time in each location. It is well worth the visit no matter how you choose to get there.

Enjoy!

We were lucky to have taken the Via Del Amore walk between Riomaggiore and Manarola. It has never reopened after the storm in 2011. [emoji17]

Enjoy!

Thanks for posting this.... it's what I was trying to describe, but couldn't remember the name of. :)

Stephen

We took the tour to Cinque Terre several years ago, and thought it was fantastic.

Bus tour to the area, then walking through one of the villages, down to the boat dock. Boat out to sea for a bit, so you can see the five villages and how they're so close, but due to the mountain - basically were severed from each other, then I "think" we took the train between two of them.

I remember walking along a raised walkway, and being AT a train station....I just don't remember if we rode the train.

But we enjoyed the NCL excursion, assuming it's still the same one.

Stephen

I know this isn't the right thread but can't find you in the right one. I see you were on the escape on deck 10. I have been on the getaway in the aft penthouse several times and know the deck size differs on each floor, however Norweign can't give me any info on the decks on the Escape. They say they are all 78 square feet which I know isn't correct. My question because I can't find anyone with a picture of the balcony from deck 10, I'm wondering if you know if it is bigger or smaller than 9? We have a choice between the 2 and can't make the decision on which one. Of course I like the bigger deck. Can you just send me a email on this reply. remajm@aol.com

Thanks,

Amy

I know this isn't the right thread but can't find you in the right one. I see you were on the escape on deck 10. I have been on the getaway in the aft penthouse several times and know the deck size differs on each floor, however Norweign can't give me any info on the decks on the Escape. They say they are all 78 square feet which I know isn't correct. My question because I can't find anyone with a picture of the balcony from deck 10, I'm wondering if you know if it is bigger or smaller than 9? We have a choice between the 2 and can't make the decision on which one. Of course I like the bigger deck. Can you just send me a email on this reply. remajm@aol.com

Thanks,

Amy

Hi Amy,

25941259603_d0ed2fb882_k.jpgDSC_0066 by a b

and

26518188176_17ae613254_k.jpgDSC_0065 by a b

Are two pics I took from the balcony. I believe I was standing in the same place for each (looking opposite directions).

The balcony on 10 is huge. I'm not sure about 9, but I don't remember being able to look down on it, so it was probably about the same size.

Stephen