Is bonine sold onboard?

Airportlimbo

It's been my experience once you start feeling sick it's hard to take meds and get better quickly. I would need to lay down for an hour or more. I take it before the cruise starts and have no side effects.

Bev

So basically get it in advance or as soon as I get on the ship, but before the ship pulls out of port.

When my SIL had to go to Medical on a RCCL cruise for a broken hip, I went down to check on her. I noticed that there was a basket in the reception area of the nurse's office with packets of seasickness tabs, free for the taking. I can't remember, but may have been Bonine.

Perhaps Celebrity does the same. Anyone know?

Edited by montekat

Yes, I saw that basket on a TA where we had 20 ft. seas for 36 hours and lots of people wanted it. I was down there in Medical to get something else but I saw the basket.

I also think if you just ask for "sea sickness" pills at Guest Relations and not a particular name brand, you're good.

So basically get it in advance or as soon as I get on the ship, but before the ship pulls out of port.

There should be no problem waiting until you get on the ship.

Each person reacts differently. If I take it after I start to feel queasy, it takes about 15 to 30 minutes to kick in for me, and I can really feel the difference.

To play it safe, if you take it about an hour before ship departure time, you should be fine.

The ship pulls out slowly from a sheltered dock area, so even after the ship pulls out it usually takes a while before it gets out into open seas, and you may have calm waters all the way and not hit any turbulence at all.

Also, don't forget the traditional non-medicinal sea-sickness preventatives such as sea bands, relief bands, green apples, ginger or ginger ale or ginger candies, dry soda crackers.

(Although some people need to avoid ginger for medical reasons, but the others should be fine for anyone.)

Some people have recommended Motion Eaze, a liquid that you dribble behind your ears.

MotionEaze Sickness Relief, All-Natural Topical Liquid,

I have not tried it yet, but it looks promising.

Maybe someone here has used it and can comment about it.

I just order it on Amazon.com

Wish I could, but Amazon only ships certain things to my country, and the shipping fees are very high. I'm going to see what our drugstores have. I already know we can get Dramamine, Gravol and Stugeron, none of which are meclizine. I have taken Dramamine before to go fishing, and it made me feel too sleepy/strange, so I'd like to try a different drug (meclizine).

Some people have recommended Motion Eaze, a liquid that you dribble behind your ears.

MotionEaze Sickness Relief, All-Natural Topical Liquid,

I have not tried it yet, but it looks promising.

Maybe someone here has used it and can comment about it.

I tried MotionEaze out of desperation on our last cruise and it worked for me. I am usually fine with Bonine but it was not working and was willing to try anything. I was very skeptical about the drops but they worked for me and are now in my travel bag!

I tried MotionEaze out of desperation on our last cruise and it worked for me. I am usually fine with Bonine but it was not working and was willing to try anything. I was very skeptical about the drops but they worked for me and are now in my travel bag!

Good to know, may try that too.