Best time for spa appt

byryr

We are booked on Oceania's Alaskan cruise on the Regatta in July 2016. We leave Seattle at 5 pm July 8 and spend July 9 at sea. We'd like to book mani-pedis on July 9 but we don't want to miss any great scenery. What times are best? Thanks!

We need to make our dining reservations very soon. We are a family party of seven, ages 74 down to 12. We'd love to get recommendations for our first night, and people's thoughts about all the options the Regatta offers. Thanks.

I have great news for you on all fronts!

1) Floor to ceiling windows wrap the entire spa complex, so you won't miss any scenery, even if you end up being mid-treatment when it passes.

2) Oceania does not indulge in "Theme Night" shenanigans, so you may make your dining plans based entirely on cuisine and ambience as dictated by your personal preferences.

This is the Cheat Sheet:

A) The Specialty Restaurants are only open for Dinner, Their Menus are static and will not change at all during your entire voyage

B) The Menus in the Grand Dining Room and The Terrace Cafe ( The Buffet Restaurant) change for every breakfast, luncheon and dinner. Sample menus for every venue are available on the Oceania website. The link is on the page for that restaurant.

C) The Grand Dining Room is by far the largest and most opulent Dining Space on the ship. It is Open seating ONLY, first come, first served, and Reservations are not accepted or permitted. Because of the size of the room, larger tables are more easily accommodated in the GDR.

D) The Specialty Restaurants are far more intimate spaces, and require an advance reservation. The maximum table size in the specialty restaurants is eight persons.

E) You'll find a pianist tinkling away in the Martini Bar from 4pm on, then the Orchestra will play for dancing in the Main Showroom at around 9, followed by the Show at 9:45.

After the show, the dancing (sometimes a combo sometimes a DJ) moves up to Horizons the Observation Lounge until about midnight....

Then it all begins again!

And, you need to book your spa appointments the minute you get on board. Sea days are the most popular for appointments and there's a limited number of staff and pedicure chairs (maybe only one chair?)

not sure on the Alaska cruise but on Regatta today & went about noon to book an appt for massage got one for 2pm no problem

the Spa does not seem that busy this cruise nor the previous one

just go when you board on the 1st day set one up

• 9 months later...
HA!!!! you can say that again!

If you saw some of the feet that those poor girls have to deal with, you would demand that their prices be raised!

Kidding aside, to give people some perspective, Canyon Ranch prices are generally in line with those in the Boswash megalopolis.

More rural locations may experience sticker shock.

HA!

i live in san francisco and havent seen prices that high here!

that being said, i had a facial on my first and only cruise and will probably do it again next cruise.

by the way, you helped me with some questions i had about rome.

turns out we decided against it because everyone said it would be too hot in august.

doing scandinavia instead.

im sure i will have more questions.