NCL Tweet

Loralye

New to NCL... sailed most other lines numerous times and this is the first NCL sailing that I've come a crossed that hits our itinerary drive. A 14 nighter on the BA for this coming fall. Loved the itinerary!!!

So, here I am... back to becoming active on CC so I can learn about NCL, join my roll call, etc. My concern is that I've been reading quite a few bad comments/reviews of the BA... I am not a person who buys into bad reviews as I am very aware of "cranky people" and/or "people who think they are entitled".

My biggest concern is that quite a few people have mentioned "unhappy crew on the BA". That is probably the one thing that would ruin my trip. I'm a middle of the road kinda person, just go with the flow and always make the best of anything, but to pay so much money for several cabins and be with miserable people for 14 days would not be a good thing :(

My concern grew after seeing a party on my roll call cancel their booking due to bad reviews.

So, last night I tweeted NCL... the power of Twitter is phenomenal with Corporate America. Well, this morning they answered me, asking me to message them.

How do I sum up the concerns in one message back to them?

Feedback welcome (encouraged)...

Thanks,

Lori

I would take the words you hear about unhappy crew with a grain of salt. I have been on the BreKaway 4 times and have never encountered an unhappy crew member. You get what you give. You give a smile you will get a smile. The people who say crew was unhappy are the actual unhappy people.

I was cruising (no pun intended) a few other ships forums last night , as expected , all sorts of negative mixed with positive reviews there also. I am going on the Breakaway in August in a Haven room and I PLAN on having a great time no matter what!

i would take the words you hear about unhappy crew with a grain of salt. I have been on the brekaway 4 times and have never encountered an unhappy crew member. You get what you give. You give a smile you will get a smile. The people who say crew was unhappy are the actual unhappy people.

so true!!!

We've been on the Breakaway and had no problems with the crew. In fact, it was quite the opposite. I often find myself wondering how NCL crews are always so wonderful. Haven't seen a grumpy crew member yet.

I believe that this is going to hold true....

I was cruising (no pun intended) a few other ships forums last night , as expected , all sorts of negative mixed with positive reviews there also. I am going on the Breakaway in August in a Haven room and I PLAN on having a great time no matter what!

Have a great trip!!!

Who could've predicted that?!? :rolleyes:

I expected similar response - I work in corporate sales & marketing.

I did find it a pleasure to receive complimentary internet package for the duration of my cruise!!!

Bingo.

Which is basically what the op was told she would be told in the second or third post.

Many posters have negative and snarky comments - you can see their personalities when you view their prior posts (which I do)...

I work in corporate and understand "the scripted messages" provided to customer service to communicate to customers.

What I also understand is the POWER OF TWITTER... it helps to have a beefy Twitter following :rolleyes:

I did find it a pleasure to receive complimentary internet package for the duration of my cruise!!!

Many posters have negative and snarky comments - you can see their personalities when you view their prior posts (which I do)...

I work in corporate and understand "the scripted messages" provided to customer service to communicate to customers.

What I also understand is the POWER OF TWITTER... it helps to have a beefy Twitter following :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight - you came here, asked for advice about how to compose a tweet, didn't like the advice a few posters gave you even though they were spot on - but now that you have extorted NCL to give you a free internet package during your cruise all is well

If you understand the POWER OF TWITTER and have a beefy Twitter following - there was no reason to even ask your question here :rolleyes: unless it was all part of your overall plan to extort something from NCL.

hey, at least you achieved your objective

Edited by berryberry

Exactly like examples we were given by crew. It's ridiculous. I hate seeing people treated like that.

I have Two examples of peoples attitude on the Jewel and have heard some doozies on other ships.

" I will never be on this ship again there was harsh weather and the Captain did not do anything about it"

the following was a woman complaining to the Front Desk Manager

"You need to teach some of your crew to pronounce my name correctly they keep messing it up"

I can just imagine her attitude with the poor crew that was not pronouncing her name correctly.

On that CC meeting " meet and greet" a woman got up and said that the crew was gracious and very happy and that she did not know the ship was so packed with " Princes and Princesses" that she needed to learn how to curtsy..we all laughed at her comment.

Like i always say is not the crew is the people. I have always been greeted amicably and have enjoyed talking with some of the crew, we have always been treated fairly and with respect then again we treat them that way too.

Edited by qtaromar1970