Should I Trust The Weather Forecast?

Leaving Saturday for 8 day Eastern Caribbean cruise on Navigator, weather shows 80-90% chance of thunderstorms for San Juan, St. Maarten and St. Kitts for entire week. I'll pack umbrellas but hoping for sunny skies. Rainy season not supposed to start until June! Anyone currently cruising there?

It is what it is. Go and enjoy. Anything is possible but it's not that often that it will rain or storm all day all over the Caribbean for a week this time of year. I never bother looking at weather forecasts in the Caribbean. What's the point, not like you're going to cancel the cruise because it might rain..... Why ask anyone who is there now, the weather today has nothing to do with what it will be in a few days or next week.

Of course I'd look at forecasts if we cruised during hurricane season, which we don't.

Edited by bouhunter

Was on Navigator that left April 16th. Weather wasn't great first few days. And pretty much rain most of day in Labadee. San Juan was a bit nicer but mostly overcast and cooler than when I've been there previously. In any case you will be on a cruise so just enjoy despite the weather! :)

They are totally 95% accurate, NOT. In the tropics it can rain most any time weather men or not. The rain will most likely be short duration, just enough to make it wet for a while. Most likely a umbrella will be enough, but buy some small packable,cheap throwaway plastic emergency parkas for your backpack, purse ors what ever for tours or yes shopping and you will be good to go.

We never/rarely pack a rain coat for the Caribbean.