Harmony of the Seas vs Disney Dream

RT10

I disagree with the bolded statement above. Outside of the theatres, Disney has always had the concession stands which market to kids - that's why they have the collector cups and popcorn buckets on display right at kid eye level. DCL was marketing upcharge stuff to kids long before Vanellope's. The ice cream shop just solidifies DCL's commitment to moving towards more extra fee areas.

I'll grant you that. Movie popcorn has never been an interest to my family, whether on land or at sea. But you are right--it is there. I'd always suggest that if they wanted something, a trip to deck 9 for Big Island Cookies would be just the munchie for the movie.

Agree! PS... Montana native here Big Sky.

Then to Florida? What a drastic change! I'm a native Californian, but been in MT for 21 yrs now...wow, doesn't seem that long. Still have a lot of Ca in me :D

Guess that's why I enjoy cruising so much. Have to have a beach vacation at least once a yr. Miss it!

What part of MT were you from?

• 1 month later...

Well, I have been on multiple cruises. I have been on 2 disney cruises, about 6 royal caribbean, a few Carnival, and then once each on Princess and Holland America.

Here is my opinion. Carnival, Princess and Holland America do not come close to DCL or RCI. Now I will add that it has been a few years since I have been on those cruse lines and they were there older ships. Don't get me wrong we still had fun but they are not in the same class as DCL or RCI. Carnival also has some new ships that seem like they would be a lot of fun.

Now as far as DCL and RCI I personally like RCI. I have been on allure, oasis and anthem of the seas. I think the flow riders are awesome, the oasis class has a zipline, the ships are huge and beautiful. There is always something to do.

DCL are great ships. My kids absolutely loved it. I am a huge disney fan and I am actually a DVC member. I agree with what most people have said here is DCL appeals to the younger kids where RCI is more geared towards teens and younger adults.

I will also say that the ONLY time I cruise with DCL is when they have a sale with kids sail free. This is usually only out of Galveston. Unfortunately I have not seen that for the last couple years. It is the only time that disney is affordable and makes sense.

It will be interesting to see what the kids think of RCI. We are sailing on allure 9/25/16 for the first time with the kids. I know they loved the DCL kids area so it will be fun to see if they like RCI kids zone.

Well, I have been on multiple cruises. I have been on 2 disney cruises, about 6 royal caribbean, a few Carnival, and then once each on Princess and Holland America.

Here is my opinion. Carnival, Princess and Holland America do not come close to DCL or RCI. Now I will add that it has been a few years since I have been on those cruse lines and they were there older ships. Don't get me wrong we still had fun but they are not in the same class as DCL or RCI. Carnival also has some new ships that seem like they would be a lot of fun.

Now as far as DCL and RCI I personally like RCI. I have been on allure, oasis and anthem of the seas. I think the flow riders are awesome, the oasis class has a zipline, the ships are huge and beautiful. There is always something to do.

DCL are great ships. My kids absolutely loved it. I am a huge disney fan and I am actually a DVC member. I agree with what most people have said here is DCL appeals to the younger kids where RCI is more geared towards teens and younger adults.

I will also say that the ONLY time I cruise with DCL is when they have a sale with kids sail free. This is usually only out of Galveston. Unfortunately I have not seen that for the last couple years. It is the only time that disney is affordable and makes sense.

It will be interesting to see what the kids think of RCI. We are sailing on allure 9/25/16 for the first time with the kids. I know they loved the DCL kids area so it will be fun to see if they like RCI kids zone.

Yeah, the Kids Sail Free promotions disappeared once DCL started doing their last-minute reduced fares. It's actually a bit fairer that way, not everyone has kids.