Drive to Emerald Lake

btorlv

I consider the rental car superior to the tour buses for the trip to emerald lake. You can stop where you want, skip what is not interesting, and eat where you like. You can also stop in some spots on the road, with a good view to the rear, to take pictures. Something like this shot from the road where no tour bus will stop:

P1040563_zpsnq9ahejp.jpg

when we searched avis there were only cars available. (booked a year ago!) We decided to go with green jeep so we can go further down the dyea road. (gravel and avis won't allow their vehicles on gravel roads.) we are going in a week and will let you know what we thought of Green Jeep.

when we searched avis there were only cars available. (booked a year ago!) We decided to go with green jeep so we can go further down the dyea road. (gravel and avis won't allow their vehicles on gravel roads.) we are going in a week and will let you know what we thought of Green Jeep.

That would be great. I got my map and saw some less traveled routes we could take IF we had the jeep.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That would be great. I got my map and saw some less traveled routes we could take IF we had the jeep.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Green Jeep does not allow off road, so the only "side" roads you can take would be the Dyea Road and Tagish Loop.